Bloomberg on PS5 yields, orders, and price ranges [2020-09-14]

Discussion in 'Console Industry' started by anexanhume, Sep 15, 2020.

1. Shortbread

Shortbread Island Hopper
    Veteran

This is the same company that gave it's fanbase blue-balls back in January with a logo. A fucking PS5 logo! A logo that isn't significantly different than the current one.

So, I put nothing past Sony...:yep2:

dys0n, TheAlSpark, turkey and 6 others like this.
  2. mpg1

Veteran Newcomer

I'm mean there is no reason to hold off on pricing anymore. They know what price(s) their competition is at.

3. AbsoluteBeginner

Regular Newcomer

They will announce price, cant announce pre orders wirhout prices 2 months before release.

iroboto likes this.
  4. London Geezer

Legend Subscriber

Also the leaks from retailers around the world are coming in fast so no real point hiding it anymore.

iroboto likes this.
  5. iroboto

iroboto Daft Funk
    Legend Regular Subscriber

lol. my wife is trying to get me to explain why i'm smirking but it really is too stupid to explain. one of those, you had to have been there moments.

Silenti, Shortbread and London Geezer like this.
  6. London Geezer

Legend Subscriber

And then... AND THEN!!! They mocked us by revealing the PS5 hardware coming out a sea of... BLUE BALLS! Fucking genius but oh so cruel.

Pete, TheAlSpark, zupallinere and 2 others like this.
  7. Shortbread

Shortbread Island Hopper
    Veteran

Yup... :lol:

Anyhow, more than likely they will announce the pricing tomorrow. I'm just being pessimistic at the moment.

iroboto likes this.
  8. Silent_Buddha

Legend

At the very least they'll announce when they plan to announce the price. :p Or maybe have you sign up to be the first to know.

Regards,
    SB

9. HBRU

Regular Newcomer

Yes. This is the situation.

10. DSoup

DSoup meh
    Legend Veteran Subscriber

Right. And at the start of the year when Microsoft were doing weeks on weeks of marketing and information sharing, Sony said literally nothing. Sony are on their own bonkers timetable but if you look at big sites like IGN and what's trending on Twitter trending, PS5 is dominating. It may be bonkers, but in terms of keeping talking about your imminent product, it's working.

If we get to 22.00 BST today and still not know price, release date or even pre-order date, I would't be surprised. This event is being pitched as being about games and the only reason I think Sony may talk release and price info is because unlike earlier events they have not managed expectations about what not to expect.

We still have have the teardown and if this takes place real soon, like next week, a price and release date may a week. Looking back at PS4's reveal in February 2013, shows almost all the features of the OS and this far Sony have not showed the PS5 OS or it's features, have not showed backwards compatibility and how they will work, they have not showed the loading times for PS4/PS5 games and I feel the price, pre-order date and release date really need to come once all this info is shared. Then the narrative will be "here is all this cool technology, now you can pre-order it for X on Y date and we'll release globally on Z date".

Shortbread and HBRU like this.
  11. HBRU

Regular Newcomer

Don't like Sony way of communicate. I prefer a more transparent approach. Another reason to give MS my money this time. I find MS a more serious company.

12. Metal_Spirit

Regular Newcomer

You realize that this would cause fans to react and be upset with Sony, right?
    The cost diference between consoles (the BD player cost), can justify 50 dolars, and people might even accept 100 since digital gives extra profits to Sony, but never ever 150 dolars. That would create a wave of people not happy with the move that could cost Sony a lot.
    I would go with 399 / 449 or 399/499.

13. Metal_Spirit

Regular Newcomer

Transparent approach? From Microsoft? Where?

14. HBRU

Regular Newcomer

A more transparent approach

15. London Geezer

Legend Subscriber

You mean the guys who only revealed they even had a second console because it was leaked, two months before launch? Ok!

16. iroboto

iroboto Daft Funk
    Legend Regular Subscriber

seems pretty transparent to me. Whatever they are using for privacy isn't all that opaque

rabidrabbit, DSoup, HBRU and 3 others like this.
  17. TheAlSpark

TheAlSpark Moderator
    Moderator Legend

Controlled leaks are more translucent.

:runaway:

rabidrabbit, DSoup, HBRU and 4 others like this.
  18. HBRU

Regular Newcomer

XSX is targeted to people that are interested in the technological aspect of the console... XSS not. So MS did what was possible to explain, to give tech details and such for the product that we are eventually interested. Sony did not.

19. DSoup

DSoup meh
    Legend Veteran Subscriber

Multi-billion dollar companies cannot have their strategy dictated by a bunch gobshites on the internet. If they tell everybody tonight that they'll release price and dates next week, it'll be fine. People were upset with Sony earlier in the year for staying quiet and yet that doesn't seem to have stopped interest in PS5 being greater than Xbox.

Unknown Soldier and TheAlSpark like this.
  20. London Geezer

Legend Subscriber

Can't disagree more emphatically, but that's the beauty of having different opinions! :)

Unknown Soldier, DSoup and TheAlSpark like this.