Blockbuster Retailer to go Blu-ray Only?

• Thread starter Deleted member 7537
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 7537

I work at Blockbuster and there was a road show for the store managers on tuesday where it was announced that Blockbuster will only be supporting blu-ray on rental.

I thought ppls here would probably like to know this.

Also on a side note I saw a thread about the Blockbuster Pre-order of the PS3 so I thought I’d post some info.
About 2 weeks ago Sony told Blockbusters they would guarantee them 1400 units.
This would determine how many units they would get, blockbusters sold all 1400 units in 3 days as Pre-orders with £100 deposit.

People who pre-order it will get a PS3, blu-ray remote, additional wireless controller, Resistance Fall of men and Motostorm for a total of £549.99.

Now because Blockbuster sold them so quickly Sony have said that they will supply Blockbuster up to 8000 units if they are sold as pre-orders.

Blockbuster is now taking pre-orders with a £50 deposit and they where only selling it as a bundle but that has now changed you can just pre-order the console if you wish for £424.99.
If you have pre-order the bundle but don't want a certain item in it you can ask to have it cancelled and you won't have to pay for the full bundle.
Also you can pre-order any additional items and you won't need to pay a deposit on top of the £50.

All deposits are refundable but they may want you to take the refund as store credit but if you insist they will do a refund.

Blockbusters had a total of about 2500 pre-orders last time I checked it may of gone up a bit by now.

Hope this is helpful to you guys

P.S I think I heard they where going to come out with another bundle but we haven't had any details yet.

http://community.eu.playstation.com/showthread.php?t=62399

Right now is an unreliable source. But let's wait, maybe it's true.

Back