Best Xbox360 Graphics - Technical

My favorite is Gears of War! It has amazing look. Mass Effect has nice cut-scene but for me Gears of War has much better in-game.

Also Bioshock is amazing. Great style. But I feel Gears of War has better technical like textures, shaders, etc (but I am not sure). More I look at Gears of War graphics and newer games I think wow, Epic did a great job. Look at Halo3. It is not as nice graphics and is lower resolution, no?

Also, I like colorful Kameo. Sometimes it is very very beautiful. Really pretty. But I dont know how it is for technical performance like Gears of War.

What do you think?

My favorite is Gears of War! It has amazing look. Mass Effect has nice cut-scene but for me Gears of War has much better in-game.

Also Bioshock is amazing. Great style. But I feel Gears of War has better technical like textures, shaders, etc (but I am not sure). More I look at Gears of War graphics and newer games I think wow, Epic did a great job. Look at Halo3. It is not as nice graphics and is lower resolution, no?

Also, I like colorful Kameo. Sometimes it is very very beautiful. Really pretty. But I dont know how it is for technical performance like Gears of War.

What do you think?

I started playing Gears in split screen co-op the other day & I was pretty darn impressed by the fact that the visual quality didn't drop a single bit which was suprising to say the least..

For me however I'll reserve judgement until my copies of Uncharted & Mass Effect arrive at home.. (I'm not so inclined to try and comment on games i've never seen on my console in front of me..)

;)

I have to say, in this order:

- Asassin's Creed
- Bioshock
- COD4
- Gears
- Fight Night 3

Haven't played ME, but from the looks of it, that will probably shoot straight to #1 on my list.

I'll 2nd Scooby's list but add Halo3 to the list. The huge scope, beautiful lighting and a shitload of action on screen without tearing and framerate issues is a good techincal achievement me thinks.

COD4 is up there. Gears of course. Mass Effect but I cant play it firsthand yet. AC also.

Alan Wake I think could be awesome but we will see how it looks running on 360. I thyink so far it's been shown on PC.

Sad to say, the third parties push the 360 more than first parties. Looking at COD4, the fact there's really no excuse for Halo 3's subpar visuals becomes all the more clear.

I'd say Bioshock and Call of Juarez, in that order.

I don't like the dull colours in GeoW and I agree with Rangers, Halo 3 looks more like a game created by PC developers than 1st party console developers who try to push the hardware to the max and take advantage of its unique features.

Since both seem to be bandwith eaters, Halo 3 with HDR lightning like HL2 OB and not the awesome but predictable bloom, would look fine and they could use the eDRAM to do AA, also allowing the game to run at native 720p

I have to say, in this order:

- Asassin's Creed
- Bioshock
- COD4
- Gears
- Fight Night 3

Haven't played ME, but from the looks of it, that will probably shoot straight to #1 on my list.

I agree with Assassin's Creed, but its very inconsistent. Sometimes it makes me go "WOW" and other times it makes me go "Hey, this looks like a launch title".

I would go for GRAW2. Haven't played it but particle effects look amazing.

I tink GRAW2 is a contender for first place amongst xbox360 games, graphically. GEoW is nice looking to (lighting, texture detail etc).

I'd say Bioshock before Gears - though I'm yet to play Assassin's Creed (ship my order, already!).

Bioshock looked stunning all the way through. I remember watching the scene where you get your first plasmid, and the two guys stand over you, calling you "little fish". That scene had the most mindblowing character model graphics I've run through my TV... and I've played a lot of 360 games! The art style adds to the finesse, however it is definitely a brilliant game techincally as well. Being able to unlock vsync gives you a very smooth high framerate, too, with some minor tearing during fact-paced action.

Gears has memorable slowdown in the cutscenes, however it's rock solid in the actual gameplay. The character models didn't look as good as the environment, and the enemies didn't stand out as "wow, very detailed". Your surroundings did look stunning the whole way though, however. Hopefully Gears 2 is set on a mysterious alien planet where they've discovered the primary colours.

I don't think I have enough technical expertise to talk about the technicalities of games, but I think games like Gears of War, BioShock, Halo 3, and Oblivion (the game is old, I know, but considering the scope, I think it's really impressive) are all technically impressive for Xbox 360. Upcoming games should include Mass Effect (not sure about technicalities, but its graphics [as in the whole graphical package] are awesome), and Assassin Creed (out already, but I've not played it yet, so it's upcoming for me).

1. Bioshock
2. PGR4 (no votes for this game? :eek: )
3. Gears of War
4. Mass Effect
5. Assassin's Creed

GRAW2 phails at AF bad, so it doesnt get my vote :p

I forgot to mention Viva Pinata. This is a game that takes full advantage of the hardware. Love the colourful graphics, the level of AA and the detail and it also uses tesselation.

This game is a bit underrated and it came out as the same time as Gears, which is -imo- not nearly as good, graphics-wise.

viva-pinata-e3-2006-pic10.jpg

Having Rare on board is a very good thing.

Back