BBS upgrade?

Geeforcer

Harmlessly Evil
Veteran
Hey Dave, guys, did you considered upgrading the forum to something like vBulletin? It certainly seems like a more robust software, and could eliminate some of the current message board quirks. Of course, if it is more expansive and/or complicated to upgrade please discards this.

i believe dave has mentioned that they are moving b3d to phpbb 2.2 Not sure when, but it will happen, sooner or later.

If i can add a wish list to an upgraded b3d forum:
-(hard to explain, will do my best) When you post an image that is bigger than your window. The frame is resized in such a fashion to go past the window length to fit the image. This causes all other cells/posts to resize too. How about following [H] forums and making only the cell containing the image to go past the windown length. Hope it makes sense.
-eliminating emoticons. ;)
-limiting sig contents to text only.

I might add more later,
epic

Hmmm... I'd rather see a thumbnail hack, where any image that was too large would be shown in a smaller area, which would be a link to the full image in a new window.

The Baron said:
Hmmm... I'd rather see a thumbnail hack, where any image that was too large would be shown in a smaller area, which would be a link to the full image in a new window.
That would be nice too. Have you seen [H] fix to this problem though? Seems more elegant, although both would be helpful.

later,
epic

Back