Battlefield 4

the BF4 SP in gamepad are horrible

1. It display KEYBOARD ICON
2. CANT get out of menu (need to pick up a mouse)
3. CANT accept the HINT notification (need to pickup a mouse)

about Bugs. Its Battlefield. Its DICE.
1. The game will be buggy.
2. Most release bug will be obliterated on every DLC release, gradually.
3. Each DLC will bring bugs (old or new).
4. The game design that got criticized will be fixed on BF5.

but the game is still playable as long as i boot to windows 8.1 fresh install. It only crash after a few match.

although the bug in-game is much annoying than crash...
longest Obliteration ever (bomb cant be fused) here....

eh? where's the BATTLEFEED link? It dissapear from the new battlelog.
Same with OPTIONS, i need to manually type http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf4/settings

about Bugs. Its Battlefield. Its DICE.

You know what...that is exactly why I have to shake my head...

I understand that complex software is something unreliable and even the best dev team in the world cannot guarantee that it is free of bugs.

But un BF4...some of the bugs are just right in your face and are so easy to reproduce that I really don't know how this can happen.

E.g. every time (every time!) you play on the Hannan Resort map (or whatever it is called) sound is off. Completely missing, except some rare cases where you here one voice command. So, can someone explain me how this could slip into the final release? Maybe a dev can jump in and can explain if something like this has low priority or whatever...although it really breaks all the experience, as playing without sound is just not what I want to waste time at. So imo: they know this particular bug since 100 years...it is easy to reproduce, as it occurs every time...but still it is in the final product...why?

Meh.

PS: I admit, that when the game is working properly...like 10% of the time I spend with it...it is really great and already better than BF3 to me...still: meh.

thanks Bludd :D

btw how to launch COMMANDER MODE in PC without BF4 running?
i want to run it inside web browser, something like tablet mode.

That's one of the reasons why I prefered playing BF3 on the 360. There weren't many bugs and it just worked. I guess that's one advantage of the console certification process.

Yeah but other PC games aren't like this. It's a DICE thing.

Played a bit of MP last night. It was fun and never crashed or anything, but I did see some graphical malfunctioning on one of the maps. The mid-distant terrain textures were going absolutely haywire! Saw some glitchers (guy sniping in prone perched on one of those steel cables anchoring a tall tower...) but no outright obvious hacking.

Also realized how much I suck :(. Gotta get back in the game! I was masterful in BC2 (which remains the outright funnest of the Battlefield series)!!

DICE should have had a more thorough beta with a newer build.

Well they have the entire PC market beta testing right now...seriously the beta they put out was more like an alpha, and the final release seems like what should have been the beta.

Yeah but other PC games aren't like this. It's a DICE thing.

Thanks to all the hype surrounding BF4 I've recently started playing BF3 MP. I've not hit a single bug yet and I didn't hit any in the SP either. So I guess BF3 must be considerably more stable than BF4.

I must say though I'd happily take a few bugs rather than play it on a last gen console. Playing at 85fps on Ultra graphics at 1080p/4xMSAA with a keyboard and mouse makes the thought of playing on PS360 more than a little unappealing. Current gen consoles would close most of that gap if I wasn't being forced to play a twitch shooter on a control pad.

Well they have the entire PC market beta testing right now...seriously the beta they put out was more like an alpha, and the final release seems like what should have been the beta.

Yep...agreed. Paying lots of money here to beta test an unfinished product. Not nice imo.

Thanks to all the hype surrounding BF4 I've recently started playing BF3 MP. I've not hit a single bug yet and I didn't hit any in the SP either. So I guess BF3 must be considerably more stable than BF4.
BF3 has improved considerably since its release. Even so, I don't recall it ever being as bad as BF4 in terms of major game breaking bugs.

I must say though I'd happily take a few bugs rather than play it on a last gen console. Playing at 85fps on Ultra graphics at 1080p/4xMSAA with a keyboard and mouse makes the thought of playing on PS360 more than a little unappealing. Current gen consoles would close most of that gap if I wasn't being forced to play a twitch shooter on a control pad.[/QUOTE]
Yes, mouse/kb is the trump card. The game will probly look pretty good on the PS4, but I can't imagine playing this game with a gamepad.

Has anybody else noticed that FXAA seems to incur much more of a full screen blur than it should? I leave it off now and just run 4xMSAA. It wasn't like that in BF3.

anybody know how to select the geo location?
http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf4/geoleaderboard/choosePosition/

i only can move the crosshair, but there no SAVE button.

battlelog-location-no-save.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Is that something the game can control? I would rather not have to disable any OS features.

Heyo! Just had my first hard crash. Happened after 2 rounds of multiplayer. Didn't take my whole computer down fortunately, but I was forced to kill the process in the task manager. Happened right in the middle of the match.

That's like 5 MP rounds total and only 1 crash. Not bad compared to the problems some other folks are having. 80% of the time, the game works, every time.

This game has me itching for some Battlefield action, so I'm going to load up Bad Company 2. That game is pure bliss.

Back