Battlefield 3 announced

I hate the modern format where machineguns got accuracy gimped & you get sniped with a submachinegun from halfway across the map.

Everyone having automatic guns makes for boring gameplay in my opinion.
Thats why I prefer CoD WaW over CoD4.
But CoD4 beats BF2 despite having smaller maps & no vehicles.

Jet planes are too fast for the map sizes of BF games.
WWII planes worked fine though.

How about a WWI game? Triplanes etc would make for great air-combat.
I don't think that much could be done on the Western Front once things bogged down but there should be plenty of bits in the early part & on other fronts that would be BF friendly.

WWI...I can already see it.

Both sides start in their trenches on opposite sides of the field. Match starts. People rush across. Instantly mowed down by machine gun fire.

Mustard gas called in. People die as soon as they respawn at control point...

Fun for all. ;)

I dunno, there isn't much about WWI other than fighter combat that makes it an attractive venue to play in. Battles were more often than not static affairs of waiting. Occasionally charging enemy positions to be chewed apart by gunfire. And if someone actually made it across, usually not enough to hold a beachhead in the enemy trenches.

Although there were occasions when a major push moved the front lines a little here and there.

Regards,
SB

Thats why I said
I don't think that much could be done on the Western Front once things bogged down but there should be plenty of bits in the early part & on other fronts that would be BF friendly.
Early on there was a bunch of maneuvre warfare on the Western front.
Also on the Eastern front & in the Levant things stayed pretty dynamic by my understanding.

Punish/vote functions (reduced number of votes needed) to kick out/ban TK a-holes that snipe you out of the heli/plane seat to snitch it.

Since the Battlefield series now tracks players careers. It would be nice if it just automatically banned someone with a history of TKing consistently.

I mean someone who purposely TK's should have far more TK's than a person (even new to the game) that does it accidentally.

Regards,
SB

Since the Battlefield series now tracks players careers. It would be nice if it just automatically banned someone with a history of TKing consistently.

I mean someone who purposely TK's should have far more TK's than a person (even new to the game) that does it accidentally.

Regards,
SB

Bit of a necro, but ragers never really depended on TKs, they exploited the system. So they'd take potshots at people when there's no medic around, just to drop your HP (assuming not regenerating health). They'd leap out of moving jeeps so that your kill would register as a suicide, that sort of thing. Just being useless and taking up precious resources (chopper, planes) could be enough to get people to rage.

Just so long as I can drive an Aircraft Carrier, I'm happy.

But truthfully I think, no more modern shit. Had enough of that - it's worse than WW2 spam.

God I would kill for a Battlefield 1942 with the ONLY change being updated graphics (no change to gameplay mechanics) and perhaps stat tracking. And perhaps some additional maps. :D

WWII shooters are just more fun in a lot of ways than modern shooters. Especially the slower and more personal aerial combat.

And a properly dark (with light adjusted sight including momentary light blindness from say a flare going off) night time battle with the only light being provided by flares shot into the air, etc...

Regards,
SB

Yeah BF1942 was great and required true gamer skills. How to instantly calculate and correct tank projectile trajectory for long distance hits against moving vechicles. Same with plane and bomb trajectory and machinegun aiming. Though as I grown older and played less FPS I lost much of my skills gained from these type of games. That or maybe to many dumbed down games I played but I used to pull big headshot combos easily in CS and hitting moving vehciles size of a small pea with my tank in BF1942 with almost no misses. :devilish:

God I would kill for a Battlefield 1942 with the ONLY change being updated graphics (no change to gameplay mechanics) and perhaps stat tracking. And perhaps some additional maps. :D

WWII shooters are just more fun in a lot of ways than modern shooters. Especially the slower and more personal aerial combat.

+1.

I'm "afraid" of what this 1943 will end up on PC. :cry:

I'd like to stay modern, or take another trip to 2142. Also I like my idea of varying control points that are either controlled by the server, or by an admin at the beginning of a game. I like BF2's current shooting implementation, it's realistic for an FPS yet still arcadey enough to not turn gamers off. BF2 is a nice amalgam of realism and arcade when it comes to ground combat. Aerial combat is another story.

shoulder launched stingers are a must for BF3, air is far to superior in BF2, hell look the US cancelled the RAH-66 commanche thanks to the poor performace of the appache in "desert storm II" against small arms fire (RPG's etc).

shoulder launched stingers are a must for BF3, air is far to superior in BF2, hell look the US cancelled the RAH-66 commanche thanks to the poor performace of the appache in "desert storm II" against small arms fire (RPG's etc).

I heard it was attributed more to the need of funding operations for the current fleet, as well as the usefulness of UCAVs in place of manned aircraft. Damn UCAVs. The Comanche is a badass little chopper. A bit slow and underpowered, but still quite a small yet powerful package.

Back