Baseless Next Generation Rumors with no Technical Merits [post E3 2019, pre GDC 2020] [XBSX, PS5]

Status
Not open for further replies.
New rumor for future game development, source: me
Game developers will make games with all the graphical effects, AI physics etc they want, no need to think of hardware. User buy the game and load it into his/her gaming machine. Go take a cup of coffe. Machine learning will analyse and adjust to best possible performance on the hardware with focus on eye candy, fps etc. User get a list of what he/she prefer, make your choices and the options that will not have enough available power will be greyed, start game.;)

So this OsirisBlack dude who accurately leaked PS4 Pro is back again with some new cryptic wordings as the following:
5 > 2
How's the weather?
2.1 = 5
PS5 stronger than XB2
The weather is a violent windy storm as in tempest referring to The Tempest (Ariel, Gonzalo, Propero) Prospero is PS5 devkit
PS5's GPU clock is 2.1Ghz
Greg Did Drop Roses 6. First Look Over Peoples Shoulders (Nihon) > one-quarter of the way between red and orange.
Greg Did Drop Roses 6. First Look Over Peoples Shoulders (Nihon) > one-quarter of the way between red and orange (is the color scarlet).
GDDR6 confirmed. Nihon refers to Sony's PS5 larger than Scarlet in Flops.
Unfortunately Ray isn't drawing as well as advertised, hes about 1080 TIny steps behind Pastor Charles. one-quarter of the way between red and orange > 10.
Raytracing is subpar, about a 1080 Ti level and behind Pastor Charles (PC's RTX.) Scarlett is over 10 TF.

Shit is getting more real each day.

What if Lockhart is just an addon companion upgrade for Anaconda when combined provide additional fidelity? So you have 10TF Anaconda and can upgrade it to 14TF or 18TF or 22TF with 1, 2, or 3 Lockharts? Or to 20TF with 2 Anacondas?

Hey, this is the baseless thread afterall...

If Sony or Microsoft did create a ultra (IF) bandwidth scalable link between two systems, that would be quite dope for those diehard gamers who don't mind the extra noise, heat and electric increase.

More BS from him, or is it?:p
Someone asked him which brush (0000FF or FF2400) paints Ray better, his answer

0000FF is Blue, FF2400 is scarlet

Looking at his/her prior history on the PS4 Pro and their knowledge of PS5 GPU (2.1GHz) clocks prior to any being leaked by Komachi (sp?), he/she has a decent track-record of having solid info. It doesn't necessarily mean he/she cant be full of sh** now, but their history seems solid as of now.

Edit:
This is what he/she posted back in Nov-2018 on PS5
AMD Ryzen cpu custom configuration 3.20 , 7nm Navi gpu 2.1 18gddr5 Is what I heard a while ago. As far as the public announcement It will be soon. I sent this info to a mod a while ago I couldn’t post until something else leaked first. I’ll post everything now that something semi accurate is out there.
I’m just waiting on one thing to leak as to not completely burn my source.

Backwards compatibility and uhd blu Ray are givens and not worth posting as those are easy guesses.

The numbers are current clock speeds.

Last edited:
So this OsirisBlack dude who accurately leaked PS4 Pro is back again with some new cryptic wordings as the following:

PS5 stronger than XB2
The weather is a violent windy storm as in tempest referring to The Tempest (Ariel, Gonzalo, Propero) Prospero is PS5 devkit
PS5's GPU clock is 2.1Ghz

Greg Did Drop Roses 6. First Look Over Peoples Shoulders (Nihon) > one-quarter of the way between red and orange (is the color scarlet).
GDDR6 confirmed. Nihon refers to Sony's PS5 larger than Scarlet in Flops.

Raytracing is subpar, about a 1080 Ti level and behind Pastor Charles (PC's RTX.) Scarlett is over 10 TF.

Shit is getting more real each day.
Nothing real about that leak. We had Gonzalo, Ariel, Prospero and Flute for some time now.

Flute clearly points to 530GB/s overall BW, while his earlier posts point at 880GB/s (which was and still is absurd).

These guys are profiting of Komachi and Apisak leaks, but what we are getting is high clocked 36CU GPU, with VRS and RT and 16GB of GDDR6.

All this talk about 10TF is pipe dream.

Please remember to bookmark my post. Back in 2012 when top PC GPUs where ~4TF everyone expected 3TF at minimum. We got 1.8TF with stronger console, so as DF said, dont be surprised with less TFs then what we are told by insiders who have very little grasp with actual console design and constraints.

We've had a bunch of rumors that the PS5 clock is 2+ GHz for the GPU, but if I recall his postings from a year ago were the first time that came up.

Granted now he's not saying anything new: PS5 stronger than XB1 and PS5 with 2+ GHz GPU clock and GDDR6.

What I wonder is if the consoles may go for a game/boost clock this time versus just a single consistent clock on the GPU. We may see the advertised clock of 2.1 GHz for 10+ flops while in reality the GPU will run with a lower clock most of the time.

What I wonder is if the consoles may go for a game/boost clock this time versus just a single consistent clock on the GPU. We may see the advertised clock of 2.1 GHz for 10+ flops while in reality the GPU will run with a lower clock most of the time.

Game/boost clocks aren't really worth it on traditional air cool setups that are too dependent on internal and external temps being just right for useful performance boost. Who wants to deal with inconsistent or fluctuating frames?

And more than likely, developers want a more consistent game framerate for a whole host of reasons.

We've had a bunch of rumors that the PS5 clock is 2+ GHz for the GPU, but if I recall his postings from a year ago were the first time that came up.

Granted now he's not saying anything new: PS5 stronger than XB1 and PS5 with 2+ GHz GPU clock and GDDR6.

2.1Ghz is way way up there. Safe to say, we are not going to see jump from 1.6-1.7GHZ sweetspot to 2.1GHZ in a year (less then that tbh considering when these consoles where design, currently no Navi GPU in PC does it).

On the other hand, what would 2.1GHZ clock point at? Alot od CUs or complete opposite? In addition to that, what we saw from benchmarks can mean ANYTHING.

Gonzalo, Oberon, running at 1GHZ, 1.8GHZ or 2.0GHZ could simply be APU stress test and means nothing on what final clocks will be.

This is not great, if true. Most games are cross-platform and if Microsoft mandate all future Xbox games must run on both configurations that low-ball configuration will hold back both Xbox and PlayStation cross-platform games. I suspect a piece of the puzzle of missing.
However this is probably what MS wants: holding game design back to xbox1 level, so they don't need to enter next-gen.

Why? Because if PS5 and xbox start a new generation from zero market share, then the same thing (PS5 wins by a large margin) may happen again. So MS does't want to play with Sony. They try to keep their xbox1 market share as oppose to starting a new generation with zero market share.

This can explain the targets kotaku has mentioned: Lockhart targets 1440p@60fps and high-end model targets 4k@60fps. The visual quality will not be far from xbox1 except higher frame rate and resolution. Xbox1 is still the lowest common denominator in their ecosystem.

As per Betanumerical; the only thing really scalable in this situation is the available amount of GPU power. Memory (maybe), Storage and CPU need to stay constant.
What I mean is scaling "up" from lockhart, or even from xbox 1. So the baseline spec of CPU and storage need't very high.

Let's use Kotaku's spec: 1440p@60fps for Lockhart and we set 1080p@30fps for xbox1. If xbox1 is still the baseline then lockhart only needs 2GHz ZEN2 and 500MB/s SSD.

Last edited by a moderator:
However this is probably what MS wants: holding game design back to xbox1 level, so they don't need to enter next-gen.

Why? Because if PS5 and xbox start a new generation from zero market share, then the same thing (PS5 wins by a large margin) may happen again. So MS does't want to play with Sony. They try to keep their xbox1 market share as oppose to starting a new generation with zero market share.

This can explain the targets kotaku has mentioned: Lockhart targets 1440p@60fps and high-end model targets 4k@60fps. The visual quality will not far from xbox1 except higher frame rate and resolution. Xbox1 is still the lowest common denominator in their ecosystem.
This whole trail of thought makes no sense to me.
For starters, if they wanted to keep the previous gen in the way your suggesting it would be better not to release Lockhart and keep 1X for that.
The Lockhart makes it easier for people to move from XO not harder.

I think certain people will be disappointed in the graphical leap regardless of Lockhart.
For example lockhart target flops to pixel ratio in my expectations is greater than Anaconda.
Regardless of Lockhart most games will be made to scale gpu wise (due to pc etc)

Cpu and ssd is order of magnitudes harder to scale down to the levels of current gen.

This whole trail of thought makes no sense to me.
For starters, if they wanted to keep the previous gen in the way your suggesting it would be better not to release Lockhart and keep 1X for that.
The Lockhart makes it easier for people to move from XO not harder.

Cpu and ssd is order of magnitudes harder to scale down to the levels of current gen.

There are discussions about lockhart vs. xbox1x. Lockharts can be cheaper in long term and Lockhart is much more flexible to run higher framerate than xb1x.

In fact I think xbox1 may become extremely cheap entry model (199 with low-end SSD), and xbox1x is replaced by lockhart.

And in the situation everything is "scaling up" from lower spec, not scaling down.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back