Baseless Next Generation Rumors with no Technical Merits [post E3 2019, pre GDC 2020] [XBSX, PS5]

Status
Not open for further replies.
You mean like a Logo? Yeah, I don't know the man from Adam but if he's the new face of Playstation marketing I'm..........unimpressed.
It's fine as long as he's not saying manipulative bullshit on stage like other are doing.

He's not in charge of marketing (i.e. convincing customers to buy their products), he's in charge of managing the division financially and communicating with investors (i.e. convincing them to keep in their stocks, or at least convincing the division is doing well). The marketing team is in charge of the marketing and hiring firms for ads etc...

Sony did the best job when they put the engineers, producers, and game directors in front of the camera. Even if engineers tend to be less comfortable doing this, they sound like real people with real technical and artistic challenges. It's always more relatable than a suit reading a teleprompter.

SiliconArts is said to be working in getting DXR working with their RT tech. They mainly use Intel FPGA's to demonstrate and benchmark their various IP's. They currently use Embree as their API. One of their products is RayCore Lite which can be integrated into GPU's. I have once wondered if the Lite designation in certain Navi GPU's, such as Navi 10 Lite, could be ray tracing variants with RC Lite integrated. This is just a random thought speculation.

Regarding which console is the most powerful may be a determinant factor in which console I purchase upon launch later this year. I'm much more heavily invested in the PS ecosystem this gen compared to XB. If both PS5 and XBSX end up being close in parity, let's say 10%, I'm going with PS5. If the rumored 9.2 TF PS5 and 12 TF XBSX ends up being what we get then my chances of getting PS5 at launch diminishes. Of course it's not the only factor, but begins to impact my decision based upon if one console performs far better than the other. That's where I'm at.

Hopefully we get to see soon.

SiliconArts is said to be working in getting DXR working with their RT tech. They mainly use Intel FPGA's to demonstrate and benchmark their various IP's. They currently use Embree as their API. One of their products is RayCore Lite which can be integrated into GPU's. I have once wondered if the Lite designation in certain Navi GPU's, such as Navi 10 Lite, could be ray tracing variants with RC Lite integrated. This is just a random thought speculation.

Regarding which console is the most powerful may be a determinant factor in which console I purchase upon launch later this year. I'm much more heavily invested in the PS ecosystem this gen compared to XB. If both PS5 and XBSX end up being close in parity, let's say 10%, I'm going with PS5. If the rumored 9.2 TF PS5 and 12 TF XBSX ends up being what we get then my chances of getting PS5 at launch diminishes. Of course it's not the only factor, but begins to impact my decision based upon if one console performs far better than the other. That's where I'm at.

Hopefully we get to see soon.
The power difference of 9.2 vs 12 does pose a concern down the line if only for the sake of stable framerate. We've seen all too often on DF how XB1 despite running at a lower res still suffers many issues on framerate when devs were trying to get visual parity with PS4. That could definitely be a possibility come next gen only the situation is reversed. I think it's safe to assume devs will like this gen aim for visual parity for both PS5 and XSX, so the one with a 30% power deficit will be in high risk.
Situation like native 4k vs CBR 4k or dynamic res should be well managed but what if games run at 1440p on XSX, where would that leave PS5? 1080p is way too low for next gen, it'll eventually become the XB1 of next gen. Maybe devs will surprise me, we shall see.

It didn’t help that PS4 had a huge RAM advantage on top of double the ROPs. I don’t expect such disparities this time around, and thus a significant raw TF difference would need to be present beyond a 40% compute gap.

unified memory, instead of split esram + ddr3
bandwidth advantage
2x ROP
4x ACE + volatile bit + 50% extra compute units, resulting in async compute advantage

At the beginning 10% of the Xb1 GPU was reserved for OS, that has being patched to 2%.
HAL also took away 3% of performance on Xb1. To this day.

I'm worried about the framerate of the console with much more TF. As has been shown multiple times with the midgens the most powerful one struggles with it more.

/s

Well Series X is now confirmed 12TF. So thats lefty the baseless thread.
Now all we need is to confirm Sony's specs. Which for now I am sure it is going to be 9TFs

https://news.xbox.com/en-us/2020/02/24/what-you-can-expect-next-generation-gaming/

Hmm... I wonder if this means Xbox have gotten confirmation of what Playstation is doing?

Doubt they would loudly proclaim 12 Teraflops if Sony could roll around and loudly proclaim a bigger number.
Its the same thing with GDDR6 8GBs megaton only this time the roles reversed. I am very sure as well that MS now is sure about competition the same way Sony announced their specs once they were comfortable they were very competitive

Its like the og xbox and 360 again, with a very powerfull for the time gpu. Sure better approach then kinect x one. Also xsx RT audio pretty much confirmed then. Most likely AMD solution on the gpu.

Doubt they would loudly proclaim 12 Teraflops if Sony could roll around and loudly proclaim a bigger number.
Why? What else could they do? If MS are the smaller number and they announce first, they have the lime-light until Sony reveals. If they announce second, they are overshadowed the moment they announce. If MS are the greater number, the reveal now and Sony are overshadowed when they launch, or they reveal after Sony and steal Sony's thunder.

It really makes no odds. I wouldn't try reading hardware performance into days and dates public info is made.

Why? What else could they do? If MS are the smaller number and they announce first, they have the lime-light until Sony reveals. If they announce second, they are overshadowed the moment they announce. If MS are the greater number, the reveal now and Sony are overshadowed when they launch, or they reveal after Sony and steal Sony's thunder.

It really makes no odds. I wouldn't try reading hardware performance into days and dates public info is made.

I don't think they would advertise the number this hard, that is for sure.
Why "brag" about a number if the competition has a bigger number? It makes it super duper easy for everyone to see "Oh that one is more powerful because it has a bigger number, i should get that one instead".
They could easily talk about how powerful it is compared to last gen and all the VRS and audio blablabla and so on without using the number.

That is my take anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back