Baseless Next Generation Rumors with no Technical Merits [post E3 2019, pre GDC 2020] [XBSX, PS5]

Status
Not open for further replies.
This part is impossible without game patches (magically ps1, 2, 3, and 4 games can use RayTracing even though they're not programed to):

You will actually see a lot more old games supporting high frame rates, 4K resolution and HDR (even ray tracing) on PS5
Up to you to decide just how bullshit the rest of the dream is.

It was a fun read tho, BS it might be. This is how weak I've become lately in the deafening silence of any major PS5 related news.

So how realistic is this reddit leak everyone's been talking about lately?

One more claiming February 5th reveal, very close specs to SeriesX-not-s-e-x and a lot of information similar to the 4chan rumor.

Speaking of wet dreams, it sure looks like someone's wet dream will come to an abrupt end early next month.

Unrealistic and zero sense. Sounds stupid as fuck as if a teen made it up and uploaded it
which one make zero sense ? 500$ and similar spec to xsx was rumored by many insiders, maybe little to many games for launch but thats all, nothing spectacular here

which one make zero sense ? 500$ and similar spec to xsx was rumored by many insiders, maybe little to many games for launch but thats all, nothing spectacular here
A lot of the featutes mentioned and the games in the making. The similar specs just happens to be there

One more claiming February 5th reveal, very close specs to SeriesX-not-s-e-x and a lot of information similar to the 4chan rumor.

Speaking of wet dreams, it sure looks like someone's wet dream will come to an abrupt end early next month.
I feel that these rumors may be based on some truth and be mixed with some personal wishful thinking.

OMG it's such a terrible rumour anyone who believes it must be gullible, it's so awful no one can believe it, it's so bad that I can't bring myself to argue against one single point among the dozens mentioned in it.

Its absolute shit rumour. How can anyone be so gulible to believe that someone has such a pletheora of information regarding next gen which pretty much only selected few, if that, would be in the know about?
And I was looking forward to replaying Driver with ray-traced graphics and racing around the city. After the hour it would take me to get out of the garage. :runaway:

OMG it's such a terrible rumour anyone who believes it must be gullible, it's so awful no one can believe it, it's so bad that I can't bring myself to argue against one single point among the dozens mentioned in it.

The level of detail about the games sets off my bollocks alarm. It didn't hit Epstein levels of volume, but it definitely registered.

How many people at Sony would even know that stuff? Has Herman Hulst got such an easy job as head of WWS that he's taken to leaking stuff on Reddit?

And the "leaked features" are reasonable guesses:
  • More games simultaneously suspended is pretty much a given. A dump of ~16GB of memory won't take long with an SSD.
  • "Different states of the same game running at the same time" is just split screen.
  • Having as many cloud based save states as you want is within the realm of possibility, especially because it's pretty much just sticking a bigger HDD in the PS5. The doubtful part is that PS+ cloud storage comes with a 10GB limit, so I don't see why there wouldn't be one for multiple ~16GB memory dumps.
  • "Save data... can be offloaded to the cloud to free up hard drive space."
  • Data and statistics stuff is something that I think the X1 and X1X already do, so it wouldn't be surprising for Sony to do the same. Neither would it be surprising for a PlayStation fanboy to make up a rumour that Sony will do everything MS does and more, nyar nyar nyar nyar nyar nyar.
  • I'm now bored of rereading that thing with a critical eye. But I recall there being a bit in there stating something like "they're almost indistinguishable in terms of specs, except for SSD, where Sony has the edge" which I just read as PlayStation fanboy nonsense. You know, that snide "mine's better" sort of shit that spouts from the mind and mouth of someone who's never had a proper fight or a proper fuck. I think it annoyed me more how non-committal it was. Say it or don't FFS.

It seems like the kind of post that anyone here could make, whilst masturbating. Now, if you don't mind me, I'm off to make up a one handed rumour on Reddit.

The stuff about game saves being in the cloud is only natural because Microsoft already offers that with the Xbox One family. It just happens. No need to manually manage files or what to delete or upload.

More games simultaneously suspended is pretty much a given. A dump of ~16GB of memory won't take long with an SSD.

I believe this has been confirmed for XSX but not PS5.

Given how previous SSD storage space will be, I'd hope they aren't dumping the entire contents of RAM for every game suspended. They need an API for preserving critical game state data so that when you resume, it fasts loads the game then recreates exactly where you were from the saved state. It doesn't need to be instant like traditional low-power suspend/resume - just fast.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back