Baseless Next Generation Rumors with no Technical Merits [post E3 2019, pre GDC 2020] [XBSX, PS5]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't see why not, it's basically a pc in hardware, a prebuilt one like the chinese 'consoles', running some version of W10. There's a market there for MS sure.

Don't see why not, it's basically a pc in hardware, a prebuilt one like the chinese 'consoles', running some version of W10. There's a market there for MS sure.
An anti-market. People could get an XBSX and install Steam and MS wouldn't see any money other than whatever profit margins they can wrangle. The idea of a unified MS store seems low on MS's priority given the lacklustre impact of Windows Store and MS's lack of attempts to do anything about that. An Xbox Console on the other have gets locked-in sales through the XBox store and license fees from devs.

An anti-market. People could get an XBSX and install Steam and MS wouldn't see any money other than whatever profit margins they can wrangle. The idea of a unified MS store seems low on MS's priority given the lacklustre impact of Windows Store and MS's lack of attempts to do anything about that. An Xbox Console on the other have gets locked-in sales through the XBox store and license fees from devs.
But if they make Gamepass irresistible then it doesn't matter if they're also buying games on Steam (Gamepass is irresistible).

There's no chance in hell though!

I mean could they not just have a limited mode that allowed the ability to launch and run a PC game .exe without full access to Windows?....also sell PC games through the Xbox Store? It would probably a clever trojan horse into the PC games market...

Edit: Actually wait I could see this being an issue from Micrososft's perspective. (ie you could possibly get a situation where some smaller developers stop making bothering to make Xbox versions of the game if their PC version runs on it).

Last edited:
https://www.gamersnexus.net/hwreviews/3384-cooler-master-sl-600m-review-thermals-build-quality-noise

That's a good consumer case showing the chimey cooling setup.

It has a few good points in that first chipset (gpu in this case) gets very cool air and performs great but then you're exhausting warm air over the rest of the units. While this hurts CPU performance in a split chip design of a PC the mobo VRM's actually rather have some air going over them vs nothing so there are additional benefits. Airflow is pretty OP for VRM cooling in generally.

I'm interested in a tear down to see how they suck in the air and minimize the dust. 7nm+ should run even cooler esp given Ryzen 3000 is pretty easy on thermals and power draw and this will be clocked lower. RDNA2 is unknown and the 5700XT chips actually do run pretty hot. How they intake fresh air will be what I'm most interested in.

Hopefully it's done similarly to how Silverstone has done their vertical air cooling which is significantly better than the Cooler Master that you linked.

Positive pressure provided by intake fans in the bottom with magnetically attached dust filters to keep out most of the dust while simultaneously making it easy to clean the filters.

And in the bottom, the PSU exhausts air out of it's own exhaust in the shell, so it doesn't contribute hot air to the internals of the case.

I absolutely love my Silverstone RV03 (https://www.silverstonetek.com/raven/products/index.php?model=RV03&area=en&top=C ) and because of this design, dust is an almost non-existent problem and when not under a large load it can be passively cooled as there is always airflow going from bottom to top due to the hot air escaping out the top and drawing in cooler air from the bottom. The only downside of the RV03 is the hideous front façade. /shudder.

As well since the "rear" of the MB is at the top, all the components basically get their own relatively cool stream of air unlike the Cooler Master that you linked to.

If the fan is in the top like DF speculated, then it'll be almost impossible to keep out dust as the negative pressure will pull in dust from everywhere (like the optical drive, for example).

But considering this is a consumer device meant for a consumer price point, it's unlikely there will be a dust filter. Still, as long as the fan is located at the bottom (assuming that's where the intake vents are) then it'll be easy enough to attach your own dust filter to prevent much dust from getting in.

Regards,
SB

Last edited:
I'm surprised nobody has talked about how the motherboard in the XBSX is probably 3 inches shorter than a standard ATX motherboard. Yes you can go longer but it just seems like being that narrow will require some creative design work.

Tommy McClain

IDK but my educated guess is 48/52 at 2.0ghz/1.8ghz.
Dude, I really wanted to believe you but it seems like your track record isn't that clean now is it :LOL:?
BqgYWP6.jpg

You "DukeBlueBall" posted this in December 7th 2019 on Gaf and yet you said you knew Anaconda's internal target was 12 TF all along here. Why?

This Tommy Fisher self proclaimed insider is now apparently verified by the mod on Gaf has the following summary:
* PS5 fab 7nm+/EUV
* PS5 cpu clock 200MGhz lower than XSX
* 52 active CUs at 2.0Ghz ~ 13.3TFlops for PS5
* 52 active CUs at 1.82Ghz ~ 12.1TFlops for XseX
* some setup of HBM is in PS5
* Judging from PS5's specs he's seen it'll most likely be a $599 cost with $100 loss and retail for $499
* PS5 reveal in Feb, shows the console too
* Fully trusts Klee, has he's absolutely reliable

We're heading towards the climax of the mid season break, few more episodes and all shall be revealed.

Dude, I really wanted to believe you but it seems like your track record isn't that clean now is it :LOL:?
BqgYWP6.jpg

You "DukeBlueBall" posted this in December 7th 2019 on Gaf and yet you said you knew Anaconda's internal target was 12 TF all along here. Why?

:LOL::LOL::LOL:

Obviously Panos' team are wizards and would never be beaten again.

Windows compatibility means more than DirectX, you'll need WIN32 as well and a controller-only version of the Windows shell.

This Tommy Fisher self proclaimed insider is now apparently verified by the mod on Gaf has the following summary:
* PS5 fab 7nm+/EUV
* PS5 cpu clock 200MGhz lower than XSX
* 52 active CUs at 2.0Ghz ~ 13.3TFlops for PS5
* 52 active CUs at 1.82Ghz ~ 12.1TFlops for XseX
* some setup of HBM is in PS5
* Judging from PS5's specs he's seen it'll most likely be a $599 cost with $100 loss and retail for $499
* PS5 reveal in Feb, shows the console too
* Fully trusts Klee, has he's absolutely reliable

We're heading towards the climax of the mid season break, few more episodes and all shall be revealed.
He's not verified. He stopped posting when the mod hinted at him to verify.

I'm surprised nobody has talked about how the motherboard in the XBSX is probably 3 inches shorter than a standard ATX motherboard. Yes you can go longer but it just seems like being that narrow will require some creative design work.

Tommy McClain

Motherboard size doesn't seem to be much an issue with gaming laptops. I'm not sure they have to get that creative?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back