ATI's The Latest secret weapon

Bouncing Zabaglione Bros. said:
DaveBaumann said:
Wait for "Ruby".

ATI's answer to "Dawn"? Featuring the new "ATI SmartJiggle" to give you more realistic body movements?

Make that "Ruben".

ATI's answer to a curvaceous winged nymph will be a swarthy, heavy-set 40-something in clad only with fuzzy slippers and gray jogging shorts and rendered in exquisite detail using groundbreaking shaders to render never before seen features such as:
back_hair shaders (1,2,3)
hot_day sweat modeling
per-pixel collision detection of folds of flab in the jogging demo
back_hair shaders(4,5,6)
baldspot bump mapping
posterior_pants_crease vertex shading
high sample rate skin blotch pixel shaders

and finally, the most important

cinematic motion blur of jiggling man-teats in the trampoline segment. ;)

Now that would be technically impressive. A flawless, voluptuous fantasy tart wouldn't hold a candle to an unshaven chunky everyman from Jersey scratching himself as he tosses back a cold one.

madmartyau said:
I will live with that image for a long time. :cry: o_O

This proves that such an ATI demo would have a massive impact on all who saw it. ;)

Technology hasn't actually gotten that far (yet), but when it comes time to find out if we've reached the point of truly cinematic rendering, the standard won't be an ivory-skinned Dawn, but an unshaven Ruben.

I'd rather not see an ATI Dawn, a pixelated pinup would just be embarrassing. I don't make video card decisions based on my hormones, and I'd appreciate it if it wasn't assumed by some marketing guys that I did.

Nvidia already did the scantily clad chick thing, to copy it would be humiliating.

Nvidia sold alot of cards because of just 'Dawn', you would be suprised how many uneducated buyers out there stated Cinefx is not possible on a R300, Dawn was too 'complex' for ATI card..yada yada..

3dilettante said:
DaveBaumann said:
Wait for "Ruby".

ATI's answer to "Dawn"? Featuring the new "ATI SmartJiggle" to give you more realistic body movements?

Make that "Ruben".

ATI's answer to a curvaceous winged nymph will be a swarthy, heavy-set 40-something in clad only with fuzzy slippers and gray jogging shorts and rendered in exquisite detail using groundbreaking shaders to render never before seen features such as:
hot_day sweat modeling
back_hair shaders(4,5,6)
baldspot bump mapping

Now that would be technically impressive. A flawless, voluptuous fantasy tart wouldn't hold a candle to an unshaven chunky everyman from Jersey scratching himself as he tosses back a cold one.

You're really Lucifer, aren't you?

3dilettante said:
IST said:
You're really Lucifer, aren't you?

No, but perhaps that was the voice in my head that made me think of Ruben.

I don't believe you. I can see the tail sticking out of your pants. ;)

Heh, I wonder if nVidia has an animation like this up?

3dilettante said:
DaveBaumann said:
Wait for "Ruby".

Make that "Ruben".

hot_day sweat modeling
back_hair shaders(4,5,6)
baldspot bump mapping

Do you have a hidden cam in the digilair? Why do you think ATi would do a tech demo of ME?!? :oops:

This slogan doesn't really make me excited...

OFF
Is it just me or where the darker blue B3D-skin gone? I hate this hospital-like white crap - makes me feel blind...

ATi is not copying Nvidia :devilish: !!!

I mean just becuase their Chick is called "Alba" Which just *happens* to mean "early morning" in itallian...

Sheesh...

;)

Hellbinder said:

I mean just becuase their Chick is called "Alba" Which just *happens* to mean "early morning" in itallian...

Sheesh...

;)

No, that exactly means 'dawn'...

T2k said:
Hellbinder said:

Sheesh...

;)

No, that exactly means 'dawn'...

But I thought dawn was:

dawn_washtoss_image.jpg

OT but this thread has already derailed so badly it's no longer on the tracks and is running down the motorway...
BRiT said:
But I thought dawn was:

dawn_washtoss_image.jpg
That has an awful, but strangley applicable, double entendre in the UK.

Isn't that the point? :)

Even further OT, I was highly reassured to find that both government documents and the Parliaments of the 18th century regularly make use of the phrase "Tosse Pots" to describe nefarious persons.

Back