ATI Shader Event at London ?

loekf2

Newcomer
Saw some report on "Le Inq", including this curious statement:

All the hacks assembled in Vinopolis agreed that despite Valve and a big racket about Half Life 2, it was a very good event. Although we did capture a picture of Dave Baumann falling asleep during the proceedings.

Any rumours/gossip ?

loekf2 said:

All the hacks assembled in Vinopolis agreed that despite Valve and a big racket about Half Life 2, it was a very good event. Although we did capture a picture of Dave Baumann falling asleep during the proceedings.

Any rumours/gossip ?

No gossip but I do know that Vinopolis is a centre known as "The World of Wine". I wonder why Dave dropped off? ;)

Scandal! Dave finds ATI boring! Either that or Fuad plied him with a little too much cheap wine trying to get some goss on Kaleidescope. 8)

loekf2 said:

Any rumours/gossip ?

Well, its fortunate that Valve wasn't there since, if they were, I was going to have a pop at them for causing me to be in the state that required sleep!

Fodder said:
Scandal! Dave finds ATI boring!

ATI's official presentations usually are fairly boring since they usually don't tell me anything I don't already know! ;)

Anyway - the morning was more interesting since they had Crytek, Lionhead and ID there. Crytek were talking about a demo on the Cryengine 1.3 that they had input from ATI dev rel from (and I believe ATI has now purchased the demo). Robert Duffy from id was talking about why compression was needed and the input ATI had into using S3TC. And the chap from Lionhead was from their reasearch group - a typical english, really enthusistic geek, probably one of the best parts of the day.

Here's some images from the Crytek demo:

http://www.giga.de/index.php?storyid=109876

i done heard you were wide awake for the tight PVC jumpsuited Sapphire Tech 'Hybrid' chicks last night though Wavey... :mrgreen:

...seems you Got well In The Game there eh? :LOL:

oh, and apparently there's also a short video of Mr. B enjoying his nap through Mr. Huddy's final speech... :D

PD said:
i done heard you were wide awake for the tight PVC jumpsuited Sapphire Tech 'Hybrid' chicks last night though Wavey... :mrgreen:

Shh! Mrs. B might find out!

PD said:

I think you might be mistaking me for Fudo there - I'm sure there are a few hundred photos of him feeling them up!

PD said:
oh, and apparently there's also a short video of Mr. B enjoying his nap through Mr. Huddy's final speech... :D

Ahhh, well, I was awake for the important bit - and made sure I could piss him off with my final question! :D

sireric said:
DaveBaumann said:
ATI's official presentations usually are fairly boring since they usually don't tell me anything I don't already know! ;)

I'll remember that next time, Dave.

Well, I said usually; yours was one of the last genuinely surprising ones. However, I fear for your future ones - the more you move towards management the more you begin to look like one of those marketing weasels!

heheh :LOL: ;)

jb said:
LINKAGE NOW!!!!!! :)
well it's on me Nokia 5140 at the mo... and i was kinda thinking of keeping it as a future bargaining tool... but, well, mebbe i could be persuaded... :D

DaveBaumann said:
I think you might be mistaking me for Fudo there - I'm sure there are a few hundred photos of him feeling them up!
of course that's possible - and who was it that suggested Fudo is a World Class groper :?: ... 'allegedly' :LOL: ...but then again it is the quiet one's you've got to watch... right Dave... ;)

DaveBaumann said:
Ahhh, well, I was awake for the important bit - and made sure I could piss him off with my final question! :D
yes, poor Richard... :D ...and i loved the way you gave him a bit of an educashun later at the Bombay Palace, now what was the topic?... :mrgreen:

I assume the "Mr Green" smiley may be a hint, but I can't for the life of me remember. One of the few topics of conversation I remember was concerning ana... errr, "extreme ring-sting" following The Father of Phaal...

DaveBaumann said:
I assume the "Mr Green" smiley may be a hint,...
no - just that you don't have a :mrred: ... :mrred:

DaveBaumann said:
but I can't for the life of me remember.
nor me, but i kinda remember he looked 'p0wned' :D

DaveBaumann said:
One of the few topics of conversation I remember was concerning ana... errr, "extreme ring-sting" following The Father of Phaal...
wasn't it 'phal' :?: either way - Chinook looked real disappointed that he was the only one who had to sup down spoonfuls of a gooey white substance to quench the internal fire he seemed to be suffering from... :LOL:

Any sites hosting any of the presentations for us mear humans who couldn't go to Shader day?

I was very happy that both the presentation slides and video presentations were hosted by ATI for GDC 2004.

martrox said:

I found this one to be pretty funny too. Where can I get one of those ATi X800 jetskis?

http://gamesfiles.giga.de/fotostories/bilderpool/109760_1100787129.jpg

What's written behind X800 anyway? On a Dutch forum a guy who attended the shaderdays pointed out that the launch of M28 is veeeeeeeeery closeby, and the launch of R480 is closeby too. That's pretty much in line with the 1 december rumours that have been going around for R480.

DaveBaumann said:
...the more you begin to look like one of those marketing weasels!

heheh :LOL: ;)

WEASELS Dave?? Hmmm... note to file, take Dave off my Christmas list... And to think that I was getting ready to send a care package your way. ;)

Back