At what monitor resolution do you surf the net on?

At what monitor resolution do you surf the net on?

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Other

• Total voters
RussSchultz said:
Of course, this is at work. And you're at home. There's all sorts of trade offs.
True, but home is my work so I can never really escape it either...but you're right there are trade-offs.

Thanks, that did make me feel better. :)

1680x1050, although only 1560x930 for the web pages themselves, the rest is browser UI (top) and taskbar (left). And 1280x1024 next to it for gaming/chatting/programming/whatever... ;)

1920x1440 on 21" + 1280x1024 on 17"
But most of the surfing is done on the 21".

If I'm on the laptop, it's 1400x1050. (Wierd native resolution.)

But I do of course not fullscreen the browser (and webdesigners that fullscreen the window for you should be shot). A typical browser size for me is ~1000xFullheight, but it does of course vary with the layout of the site.

[EDIT]
Typo on laptop res. Still a weird res though.

1600 x 1200 on 21" CRT, although the horizontal dimension is less when browsing as I run Firefox with my bookmarks column open all the time and this probably comprises 200-250 pixels in width.

Bouncing Zabaglione Bros. said:
Or everyone who uses a higher res than 1024.
I'm pretty sure less than 65% use more than 1024 vertical resolution (which the poll is obviously about, looking at the numbers).

Well, some might not have realized that the poll options were vertical resolution. That's btw a rather non-standard way of giving resolution. Normaly you say width*height, or if you're lazy just width. And specially when talking about surfing resolution, that's the direction that is interesting (since you'll do a lot of scrolling in vertical direction anyway).

But a quick look at what people said in their posts, shows that the poll seem OK. (Just one missing vote for 768 vertical.)

I wanst trying to demean anyone who mis interpreted - it took me a bit to figure out. I was implying (poorly) that the poll was confusing.

1024x768 on 17''

planning to buy 19'' soon, got my eyes on iiyama 19'' that does 1600x1200@100+ Hz (but cash i kinda problem here :? )

Basic said:
Well, some might not have realized that the poll options were vertical resolution. That's btw a rather non-standard way of giving resolution. Normaly you say width*height,
... Exactly :) I assumed it was the total number of pixels :)

I have a 19" CRT that can do 1600*1200, but I hate it that everything gets so small when I use that, and Windows just cannot handle larger size fonts in the GUI very well. Most popups become too small to display the contents. Press "OK" when the button is outside the window. And as I mostly use it for programming and browsing, and I like to work with a single window filling the screen with easily readable text, I use that in 1024*786 (and no, my eyes are 20/20).

Back