Astrobot - 94% Metacritic Sony mascot IP [PS5]

Thanks Shifty for the thread. Yes this is what games should be: unadulterated fun with tons of physics !

What horribly joyful Sony title. I'm looking forward to Astrobot having kids and becoming a sad dad.

Last edited:
Reactions: snc
Glad to see this is getting great reviews. I think we need more games like this.

I have played some of the original demo/first game, but for some reason It didnt really speak to me :/
I love the old Sly Raccoon games, the first Jack and Dexter, Ratchet and Clank (except for the atrocious writing in the new one). I thought both Psychonauts 2 and It takes two were brilliant. Maybe I need some kind of story, or the world to feel real (even if its a saturday cartoon world) to get hooked. Something about the idea of running around inside your console doesnt speak to me.

So... has it sold well? No landmark "One Million Sold" tweet yet. Hopefully it's got legs, but I fear it'll be a critically acclaimed, low selling venture, great for the platform and gamers but making the suits want to t chase GaaS again.

Also, very good QA and low bug presence, but there is one you need to be aware of:

A large number of players have reported losing their Astro Bot save files because the game utilizes a strange method of saving progress. We’re not sure if this is a design choice or a bug that needs to be patched, but the autosave feature doesn’t actually create a save file until players quit out to the main menu. If Astro Bot crashes or PS5 unexpectedly shuts down mid-game, the save data is lost for good.

Back