Assassins Creed Unity [PS4, XO]

Also needs better mission design badly. I wouldn't mind if Ubisoft took a couple of steps back and focused on a handful of things instead of throwing in everything and the kitchen sink. The majority of things to do in ACIV was just tedious filler. I really do not want any more eavesdropping missions.

Agreed. Eavesdropping missions are really boring. Almost as bad as "defend this helpless dude from attackers, because for some reason he needs to go undisguised and needs to follow the paths where he gets the most exposed" missions.

Also needs better mission design badly. I wouldn't mind if Ubisoft took a couple of steps back and focused on a handful of things instead of throwing in everything and the kitchen sink. The majority of things to do in ACIV was just tedious filler. I really do not want any more eavesdropping missions.

I want them to scrap all story missions. All story missions are always boring in AC, its the world that offers whatever fun it does, especially the ships in AC4. the main game is a dud for me.

^and sailing to a hundred tiny islands picking up highlighted treasure chests with pitiful amounts of money in it, destroying the same sea forts over and over again, or engaging in hundreds of naval battles that always play out more or less the same isn't dull?
I really think what AC needs is some brutal tightening-up. Whenenever I read about a game now that claims to have 50+ hours worth of gameplay, I get sceptical or downright cycnical rather than excited. Give me a handful of activities and actually make them engaging for a change.

Heck, AC's story missions used to be pretty cool in the past. Not in the least because they actually moved plot lines along in which I got somewhat invested. Also, Ezio was a great character.

Last edited by a moderator:
Maybe but they never talk about the PC version in the recent article. Just the PS4XB1 version.

And what I like in AC4 AA on PS4 is the clarity, sharpness of the image. The textures and details are super sharp and in fact sharper than the PC version which have a combined hidden FXAA on almost all AA modes. Yes and it sucks.

And TXAA is a bit blurry, like the SMAA 1tx used in Ryse. It's not ideal (for me). I prefer the 2tx version.

I think the Smaa 1tx used in Ryse looks just fine. I wish every console game used AA that good. Smaa 2tx is great also. Fxaa can be just terrible at times but it looks decent in Thief.
I didnt really enjoy AC4 that much gameplay wise but it did look pretty good.

I think the Smaa 1tx used in Ryse looks just fine. I wish every console game used AA that good. Smaa 2tx is great also. Fxaa can be just terrible at times but it looks decent in Thief.
I didnt really enjoy AC4 that much gameplay wise but it did look pretty good.

Smaller LCDs (<42inch) Ryse looks great, larger LCDs Ryse quality suffers a bit. Shader aliasing is quite pronounced... other than that, the best looking game XB1 has.

assassin's creed unity gameplay trailer from MS' E3 event

http://youtu.be/ohRhq-NuN64

the 4 player coop looks fun if i also can stroll around together :D

Yea I'm really liking the 4 player coop.
Really like the recent trend to see games head back to coop and social gaming. Competitive realism is nice too but it tends to appeal to a very specific gaming group.

I'm glad to have seen a nice resurgence in a more larger audience type of gaming.

Lovely! That looks a huge step up from the last-gen games, giving me a Naughty Dog level of visuals but open world Edit: only saw yt vid on 3g

I really like animations of the main char. He really moved smoothly, except few collisions in that large crowd.

Ubi nailed the show tonight, AC:U, Division, FC4 were all visually amazing .

Edit: Even Rainbow Siege looked cool.

Last edited by a moderator:
Trailer, surprise surprise, looks much better than the actual game.

Even though it looks good, I was disappointed having seen it straight after they ran the CGI trailer.

Back