Assassins Creed 4: Black Flag (PS3, X360, PS4, XBOne)

Thanks Arwin. That looked cool. That might be something I will pick up as well. Anybody know how each of the platforms differ?

Tommy McClain
I did... I reserved the game a couple of days ago but I don't have experience with the series. I only tried AC2 for about 5 minutes when I downloaded it for free with the "Games with Gold" special offer. I still have the game in my hard drive so I will probably give it a try someday soon.

One of the reasons I pre/ordered AC IV is its native stereoscopic 3D support and the fact that my best friend on Xbox Live is a huge fan of the series.

Looks like we are in the same boat then. Did some other checking and it looks like the PS3/4 might have some exclusive missions, but other than that it might just be higher quality graphics. So I may pick this up on Xbox 360 now instead of waiting a year when I finally get a XB1.

Tommy McClain

The comparison doesn't show the foliage stuff, does it?

I came across a demo on PS4 at Up-at-Noon, which is actually a nice demo. Shows some interesting things, like that they have stolen a bunch of stuff from Far Cry 3. It looks awesome. I think I will go for this - the mere fact you can find a treasure map, and then go and find the treasure, my son will love that.

http://www.ign.com/videos/2013/10/28/assassins-creed-iv-15-minutes-of-new-footage-up-at-noon

Me too but.....sex, drugs and violence, dear sir, and ur little bundle of joy is still pretty much "little", ain't he ;) ?

Yeah, but most stuff in Asassin's Creed is pretty cartoonistic. And it's fairly easy to just do some treasure hunt and sea battle stuff when he's around and save the rest for later ...

Yeah, but most stuff in Asassin's Creed is pretty cartoonistic. And it's fairly easy to just do some treasure hunt and sea battle stuff when he's around and save the rest for later ...

Yea ! Thats how I play Far Cry 3 with my nephew ;). We also mess around a lot in the level editor making enemies fight bears and crocs and stuff ! There are no kids games nowadays , have to play stuff first and then see what parts are okay for the kids to play.

I really wanted to show them GTA V simply for all the running around, driving, flying in that beautiful world but theres no way to find ' safe' parts in that game :-/ !

You confirmed 1080P native or just 1080P youtube video?
I don't think the game is 1080p native on the Xbox One (hope so), but I am not sure of course --I think Ubisoft have been rather calm when porting the game, they just added effects because of lack of time, it's probably 720p on the Xbox One.

Instead, it is just the title of the video, which can be viewed at 1080p.

Last edited by a moderator:
Watched a comparison between Xbox 360 and ps4 and aside from some extra vegetation they looked the same ps4 have better clarity dye to higher red but using the same models and animation. No reason it shouldn't run 1080p60 on both next gen consoles.

Robert Cram says that we should forget resolutions - Next Gen starts with better effects.

How can ppl make such statements and still retain credibility among the gamers ? Ask him why is he showing us a 1080p video then? Why not just a 360p then? Whats in a resolution, mate?

What is next ? Graphics don't matter? next: frames per second don't matter? :rolleyes:

Suddenly, gamers aren't tech enthusiasts anymore, no more nerds and geeks, have no knowledge of what they want or why they are spending money. Suddenly gamers are tweeps that can be made to believe anything. Welcome to next gen sponsored by MS.

Going off-topic, folks. If it's not good enough as its own topic, then just let it go and discuss the on-topic material (I know, it's a crazy idea!).

People say controversial things, but that's not the topic. Bringing more attention to it than it deserves is just adding to the noise.

Watched a comparison between Xbox 360 and ps4 and aside from some extra vegetation they looked the same ps4 have better clarity dye to higher red but using the same models and animation. No reason it shouldn't run 1080p60 on both next gen consoles.

From what i have seen it should be 1080p on both consoles(I'm not so sure about 60fps though ) - anything else is unacceptable .

Except in multiplayer it's supposed to be 60fps.

You sure about that? I think its 30 fps for all, I may be wrong.

BTW, I just realised that AC4 also has the deal where you can upgrade to the ps4 version for $10, so..........I bought it :D ! I heard it has elements of Far Cry 3, and that is one open world game I enjoyed a LOT, so got it. Also,would be nice to see the differences when I play it on the ps4.

EDIT:Hmm...this review sounds a bit too positive :

Also, those characters are ugly :-/ !

Last edited by a moderator:
The lighting engine is really dated, has nothing to do with reality and that's one of the main reasons why everyone looks so strange...

BTW, has anyone played the game here? on current gen or demo stations? Is the naval gameplay actually fun?

100% sync here. It's quite fun alright.

An extension of AC3, with more depth.
Ships aren't easy to push-over either. They actually take skill to take down or require you to have really good gear.

Not to mention the legendary ships...

Ubisoft had some problems with their servers leading to some issues with community events bugging out. They just fixed it today and I was able to complete 100% sync :D

Back