Assassins Creed 4: Black Flag (PS3, X360, PS4, XBOne)

The stuff the French giant is able to pull off in less than two years is pretty damn impressive. I just hope that all the extra stuff you can do in Black Flag will be more meaningful than it was in the series' past. I mean, why the hell should I be thrilled about the prospect of upgrading my dude when I can just use the piss-easy counter-kills for everyone and everything right from the start of the game. Just about all the major Ubisoft franchises are in desperate need of growing some balls.

From the button prompts and the graphics, this looks like the ps4 (PC?)version. Wonder what it looks like on the PS3? FC3 looked great, but this is a different engine.

Last edited by a moderator:
comic con walkthrough:

Edit: sorry, there doesn't seem to be any walkthrough in it at all :-/

Last edited by a moderator:
While they’re cagey about what they can and can’t say about next-gen features, certain versions, for example, will show your true name in multiplayer. Streaming elements are also being utilised on the next consoles, and Browne notes the obvious performance improvements: current-gen SKUs will be 30FPS, while the Xbox One and PS4 versions will be 60FPS “at a much higher resolution”.

Hmm, I note they didn't commit to 1080P there...:p

I have lost interest in it now. After that first open world video, every video seems to be the same. Too much focus on naval ship stuff. I am passing on this one. I never bought anything after AC2, anyways, as I got bored of it. This had really got my interest with all the diversity itseemed to bring, but now it feels as if its back ACs repetitive boring ness.
No offence to fans, I know a lot people love AC still. I adored the first one and liked the second.

I only ever heard that 60fps was for multiplayer only myself.

I still feel that the contrast for Assassin's Creed games is generally completely off, and very bleak. Or it seems HDR-free, can't pinpoint what it is ... Codemaster games used to suffer from it too. But then when I saw the sea levels in AC3 on PS3, there it looked perfect.

Haven't all AC games up to now had unlocked framerate? It usually stays around 30fps, but it is not limited to that, with the ocasional 45fps moments when the camera sees little stuff. Or at least that's what I remember.

Much as I like the art style and setting of AC1, AC2 was superior in almost every aspect of the gameplay and the Italian cities of the renaissance were truly beautiful - I visited many of them in my teenage years and Ubi has managed to capture the mood and the visuals incredibly well.

We don't have no pirate talk in Hungarian, so I don't get this at all ;)

Not to mention that pirate Assassins are so last year...

Much as I like the art style and setting of AC1, AC2 was superior in almost every aspect of the gameplay and the Italian cities of the renaissance were truly beautiful - I visited many of them in my teenage years and Ubi has managed to capture the mood and the visuals incredibly well.

AC1 and 2 were supreme in the sense that they played on the strengths of AC: free flow parkour on buildings ! Without high rise buidlings to scale, I don't see how AC4 is an AC game. Yes, it has structures, but not in the way a parkour artist would run around non stop on buildings. Its more like a Pirate game with climbing mechanics.

Back