asm text editor

AlNom

Legend
Is there one for windows that is coding friendly? (colour coded text for commented/uncommented code, line numbers...).

er... and free. :D

Alstrong said:
Is there one for windows that is coding friendly? (colour coded text for commented/uncommented code, line numbers...).

er... and free. :D
You could always use emacs. I'd recommend running it within Cedega (a Linux emulator for Windows) instead of using the Windows port. The interface is a bit different from what you're probably used to, though.

ah... didn't know there was a windows emacs around. I'm used to just using KWrite, so the thought never occurred to me. Thanks. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
I use Crimson Editor. You can find syntax colour formatting specs for most languages just via Google etc. It's very customisable so displaying line numbers etc is no problem

There's a dandy little editor included with DevkitPro that's called "Programmer's Notepad". It does what you ask for, it's also somewhat customizable in its syntax highlighting, and really ought to be available in a stand-alone form somewhere on the web :)

Dersaidin said:
Me too.

Crimson editor is great. I even wrote one of the syntaxes included in it :D

This is what I'm hoping to do as a way of giving back, since it's free. Have you got any idea how to spec a colour for comments that are delineated like this:

Code:
a:(s="(")|(s=")")	[b]/alternative approach to getting relation[/b]
if[+/a > 0					
  b:(&a)+1 -1
  rels.name,:,s[(*b)+!1+--/b]
]

I can get comments that are on their own line to show up as green, but not those that occur after a line of code (which sometimes use the "/" character as an operator). Maybe I will just switch to "//" delineation.

Back