Article/Interview with Howard Stringer (some PS3 talk)

If it comes with a HDD, you will all BEG SONY for mercy.....

Soon, Cell will be self-aware, and it uses the Linux on the HDD to reprogram itself and take over your home...indeed, dark days are coming :O

Howard Stringer is Just preparing us for the inevitable.....

(puts on PS3 Foil hat)

Here's to a $300 pricing tag with an HDD!!!!

-Josh378

xbdestroya said:
Has Sony promised a US Spring launch though? I thought that was just Japan. In any event, the article talks about PS3 March in Japan and in the Fall for the US. Not a quote from Stringer though, so could have been extrapolation on the authors part.

Weeeeeell actually they promised a Spring 2006 launch to planet Earth to be technical.:p Japan only was never promised

Jon Brittan said:
I realise that, but if they want HD-DVD to survive then it would never see players released at ~$1000 if Blu-Ray devices are already available at ~$400, so either the guy is pulling figures out of... , something's wrong in HD-DVD production costs or PS3 is *massively* subsidised/expensive

HD DVD players will be less than $900 at launch in the US. These are prices for standalone units. The standalone BR units will be around the same price or higher. These standalone units will be sold with a profit. SONY will be taking a big loss on PS3 hardware even selling for a higher price like $500. By end of 2006, you will see standalone HD DVD players for around $300 from Chinese companies.

PC-Engine said:
HD DVD players will be less than $900 at launch in the US. These are prices for standalone units. The standalone BR units will be around the same price or higher. These standalone units will be sold with a profit. SONY will be taking a big loss on PS3 hardware even selling for a higher price like $500. By end of 2006, you will see standalone HD DVD players for around $300 from Chinese companies.

Really? Because by the end of 2006, I'm not expecting to see *any* standalone HD-DVD players sold period. :p

(I guess I could probably get a good price on one of the remaining ones though)

ANyone know where i can find just the interview. I really want to know what was really said and not what some reporter thinks. :?:

Back