Archive Thread of Screenshots of Ridunkulous Quality and Size [2007-2015]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ha I knew you'd mention that. You are perfectly hidden in dense shadow and you try to headshot an enemy while hanging on the fuckin roof but you "miss" the shot and instantly each & every one of them will focus on you & start shooting as if they analyzed & deduced the very direction & angle the bullet came from.

Another stupid gameplay design is that whenever you are in cover & press the "shoot" button (without the aim button) you character will come pop out of cover & fire (ofcourse), but the extremely annoying thing about this is that whenever he pops out...the location of reticule changes. The aiming mechanics seems to totally broken as well, it reminds me of Alpha Protocol but then that game had this kind of mechanics on purpose so that you "focus" each shot for 100% accuracy before firing. Funny thing that the reviewers missed it here but went on to mention it on Alpha Protocol where its done due to game's Role playing structure.

Also the number of times I heard "He's trying to get creative" would've easily been close to infinity. :devilish:

Yeah I agree. Deep into second mission or part and I still have the helpers everywhere (text messages on objects telling me what I can do there), unlimited ammo and I play on highest difficulty. I was hoping these missions where just "tutorials" but it seems this is the games tune. Also got disgusted when I saw I could change weapon for "points" at enemy location if I approached a special weapon suitcase at non logical position.

Sheez.. this game so far is a faint shadow of what Chaos Theory was and is. I get the R6 series casualitis vibes here.

They should have keptthe Chaos Theory mechanics and system. Before mission weapon loadout, limited ammo, true stealth inspired gameplay (Conviction seems to handle any dark spots as charcoal dark areas despite it being non logical so AI can be considered half-blind).

So dissapointing, going to see if there are graphic mods for Chaos Theory as I have the disc somewhere and the manual hopefully there for serial.

Last edited by a moderator:
Starcraft 2. Old school gameplay is always worth money. max settings, 16xAF, 1680x1050 and forced 4xMSAA/TSAA with ATI Catalyst drivers v10.7a. Must say it looks impressive and cutscenes are top notch aswell as voice acting.

"Holy sweet mother of mercy!", "Keep your panties on!", "By the numbers boys!"
sc2c.jpg

sc22p.jpg

sc23.jpg

sc24z.jpg

sc25.jpg

The cutscenes sometimes give me a near flawless CG look, for eg. the shading on Tychus especially gives him a very close CG-ish look...the difference could've been down to minimum had they used some actual complex animation for body/head movements (or just mo-cap it) & used models with even higher polygon count.

What's your performance, my Q6600 isn't very healthy for this game...lol

The cutscenes sometimes give me a near flawless CG look, for eg. the shading on Tychus especially gives him a very close CG-ish look...the difference could've been down to minimum had they used some actual complex animation for body/head movements (or just mo-cap it) & used models with even higher polygon count.

What's your performance, my Q6600 isn't very healthy for this game...lol

They really put down time on the cutscenes. Ingame visuals are also top notch from a high point of view vs other games like C&C3/4 and DOWII. Tesselation and maybe a bit more highres textures would have been awesome.

Well since game only uses 2 threads then my E8400@3.6GHz certainly will be a great deal faster CPU wise. :p

Though MSAA/TSAA sure sucks up some perfomance and even without AA I've found spots on maps that tanks perfomance without showing tons of enemies.

Try OA, then install the latest beta patch ... now you can come back about how buggy it is!

But when it does run, it's gorgeous and fun!

I'm running the Steam version and own and have installed both so it should be updated. I agree is *can* look great, but the character textures are terrible. I would say that BFBC2 looks better overall if a bit on the cartoonish side.

I'm running the Steam version and own and have installed both so it should be updated. I agree is *can* look great, but the character textures are terrible. I would say that BFBC2 looks better overall if a bit on the cartoonish side.

I don't think steam runs the Beta patches (thanks Nebula for telling me) since it's a separate mod for OA.

One version didn't even allow you to get into a tank without a CTD. but it's looking amazing.

I don't think steam runs the Beta patches (thanks Nebula for telling me) since it's a separate mod for OA.

One version didn't even allow you to get into a tank without a CTD. but it's looking amazing.

linky linky?

Edit: NVM found armaholic...dling now...the June beta patch for arma ii as good as the July 3 one for OA?

linky linky?

Edit: NVM found armaholic...dling now...the June beta patch for arma ii as good as the July 3 one for OA?

I personally think the OA patch is quite some builds further than the ARMA2 patch, but I'm no expert at all

Some more from SC2.

Nice effects.
sc2hv.jpg

Water looks really great in motion and pics with the effects alike Anno1404s water.
sc22.jpg

Godrays to the right!
sc23.jpg

Neb, your screenshots could make a bargain bin hunting game look phenomenal. I don't know what you do, but keep doing it. I shed tears of joy for being a PC gamer whenever I see your screens.

I'm back!!! :D With a new computer to boot ;)

Slight problem is that I have a TON of screens and no internet ( At parents house now )

Nebby you should see my Call Of Pripyat screens!!! Best looking game ever when the lighting is tweaked, Makes Arma2 and Crysis look like SNES games :p

Problem is there's no option to run MSAA on Alpha objects in the menu like there is in Clear Sky :?: I've got it turned on in the user.cfg but not sure if it's set correctly :?:

What user.cfg settings to you use?

I, for one, would really love for you screenshot junkie lords to post your configs and tweaks for these games. At least in single-player mode I can handle some slide shows for eye candy.

Neb, your screenshots could make a bargain bin hunting game look phenomenal. I don't know what you do, but keep doing it. I shed tears of joy for being a PC gamer whenever I see your screens.

Thanks!

Just high quality shots with minimal compression loss at nice spots (some games tweaked to). :smile:

I, for one, would really love for you screenshot junkie lords to post your configs and tweaks for these games. At least in single-player mode I can handle some slide shows for eye candy.

Sure, they are all well playable on my system though latest SC2 shots are at ~15-20fps (might be better or worse depeding on scene) with most parts of the "PCGH extreme" config and 4xMSAA (4890 GPU). The previous SC2 shots are at much higher framerate (ultra + some bits more for cache and rendertargets).

Code:
32bitshadow=1
alphadepthWrite=1
aolight=1
creepnormalmap=1
creepQuality=3
creepreflection=1
creepselfshadow=1
creeptrans=1
deff=1
deffspec=1
depthDisp=1