Archive Thread of Screenshots of Ridunkulous Quality and Size [2007-2015]

Status
Not open for further replies.

I don't understand how anyone can say that this engine is bad ? I feel like I am walking in a CG movie or in one of those tech demoes which we never really get to interact with !!! The environments are beyond beautiful ! Just walking around in WellSpring feels like being in a Miyazaki movie ! and all of this at 60 FPS @1920X1080 on my modest HD4850 :p!!!!!! This has to be the best engine ever !

I have to agree!
These screens make me want to play Rage!
But then I remember that the gameplay was pretty uninteresting... :p

Rage is decent and mostly gorgeous. The only thing that would get me from time to time was the one super-lame texture right in the middle of the gorgeous.

Quake2 xp (nicked this shot cos it doesnt work with my ati card)
ps: notice the pom

Hey ! I want that on my pc !!!! Wish we could have Sikkmod effects in Q2 too, expecially HDR and DOF look so cool and would make any game worth playing again !

How did u enable POM in Q2? Also, i still am gonna buy Unreal2 someday. Had lpayed the demo back then but never got to play the full game ever. Those were the day when my PC would come to its knees with the mig Unreal 2's graphics. I still remember playing Doom3, in some areas I got only 8 fps, but i still completed the game :D !

Some Devil May Cry Downsampled from 2720x1530:smile:

Is pretty hard to get decent action shots in this game though and sorry about top left, forgot that was running:oops:

ibrDvN6ueoFRpz.jpg

iPcRO4eJPG9Iw.jpg

ivL9qBCRy6tTC.jpg

iEnWcZWAakFAB.jpg

Some Devil May Cry Downsampled from 2720x1530:smile:

Is pretty hard to get decent action shots in this game though and sorry about top left, forgot that was running:doh:

iPcRO4eJPG9Iw.jpg

ivL9qBCRy6tTC.jpg

iEnWcZWAakFAB.jpg

Been playing a little with different settings. So these are

Downsampled from: 2720x1530
No In game AA.
AF x16 (radeonpro)
SMAA on Ultra (Radeon pro)

8D9excR.jpg

inDCjb7.jpg

Hey ! I want that on my pc !!!! Wish we could have Sikkmod effects in Q2 too, expecially HDR and DOF look so cool and would make any game worth playing again !

How did u enable POM in Q2? Also, i still am gonna buy Unreal2 someday. Had lpayed the demo back then but never got to play the full game ever. Those were the day when my PC would come to its knees with the mig Unreal 2's graphics. I still remember playing Doom3, in some areas I got only 8 fps, but i still completed the game :D !

Many years ago there was Tenebrae, a doom3-like engine for the first quake with normal mapping everywhere and real time lights. Playing that was fun :D and less demanding than Doom3 but still not exactly lightweight. Though, it worked in levels the author had gone through adding the lights.

Later, I fell into playing vanilla QuakeGL. I always thought it looked suprisingly good. Just like if you run a software rendered doom 2 port in native resolution, what else do you need? :D
That 1997 Quake supports arbitrary resolution (from command line switches), transparent water : you have to enable it from the console and give it a number around 0.6 or 0.7. Then from your graphics driver you can give it the highest AA and AF, vsync double buffering, around 1.2 or 1.3 gamma correction.. even if your PC is crap. On DX10 and up graphics cards though, the 16bit rendering may be deficient.

And the fun is, it's worth playing.
and everything loads instantly from HDD, there's no story at all, not even "you've been trapped by nazis" or "aliens have invaded earth", really nothing :LOL:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back