Anyone watched Heroes Season 3?

The typical places (usenet and torrent sites) have the mid-season finale.

I heard they killed of Kristen Bell? I now have absolutely zero reason to watch the episodes I've missed, or the rest of the series.

I heard they killed of Kristen Bell? I now have absolutely zero reason to watch the episodes I've missed, or the rest of the series.

Yep - Sylar did yet another 180 degree personality change (© Heroes) and killed her off for no apparent reason. What a pity, eh?

Any show which relies on frequent personality changes in its characters to drive the storyline is in trouble...

Yep - Sylar did yet another 180 degree personality change (© Heroes) and killed her off for no apparent reason. What a pity, eh?

Any show which relies on frequent personality changes in its characters to drive the storyline is in trouble...

Wow, that's lame. I'm glad I stopped watching. And Kristen Bell is the only tv crush I've ever had. Why kill her off? Oh well. I guess she can move on to bigger and better things.

Wow, that's lame. I'm glad I stopped watching. And Kristen Bell is the only tv crush I've ever had. Why kill her off? Oh well. I guess she can move on to bigger and better things.

She's still got her part in The CW's Gossip Girl. Don't ask me how I know that, my son loves that show.

Overall I am happy with how the second half the season turned out. It seems like they went back to the old format and didn't have a condensed storyline for all the main characters of the show per episode.

The finale gives me some hope for season 4 in that it will be better than what we saw in season 3.

Good gawd, the writers of Heroes don't have a clue. They need to go back to basics of storytelling. Season 1 was good. Every season after that sucked more.

The show is horribly broken and uninteresting right now. They may be able to fix the show, but they will need to do the following. They should have a time-jump event to return to exactly how things were at the end of season 1 as if season 2, 3, and 4 never ever occurred. This is not a night-time soap-opera show. They need to not uber-nerf the heroes (like they did to Peter and Hiro). They need to stop focusing on Sylar as the only big-bad. They need to not use Hiro/Ando as the only comic relief. They need to stop using characters that no one cares about as extensively as they do now (Ali Larter's characters of PsychoBitch/IceyBitch along with Matt Parkman, Mohinder, Micha). They need to stop retelling the same two stories every season -- a big bomb is going to do massive damage and the heroes are going to be rounded up.

They have heroes with newly discovered powers without full control over them. They can work with that. In the course of a typical 1 hour show, they have 40 minutes or less of content. Perhaps 4 minutes at most should be dedicated to the long developing storyline arc. The rest of the time would be served best by dealing with new minor villians and perhaps integrate in newer heroes. How the heroes deal with their powers while battling villians will be significantly more entertaining than the crap they now call the show.

Neither time travel nor super super heros make for good long stories. Hiro and Sylar should have died in season 1, Peter should have died in season 2.

I only mentioned time travel as a means to provide a suitable means to ignore everything which occurred in season 2/3/4.

I agree that time-travel and uber super-heroes pose significant issues for good stories. They could have nerfed Hiro without making him completely worthless comic-relief as a bumbling idiot babysitter. The Hiro from the future without timetravel/teleporting looked to be a badass just by being a ninja/samuri.

At this point, I consider Lost to be better written than Heroes. That should tell you how horrible the writing has become. The trouble is they have no plan and when they think they do, it's just wrong.

Any single one of us here could produce a better storyline continuing on from the end of Season 1.

The guy who wrote Pushing Daises is coming back (had a hand in the last couple of episodes I think already) he is the one that many credit for the rather good first season and it was no conincedence that it began to suck when he went off to do his won thing.

The next series should be great with him on board.

Only if he gets to do a crisis on hero earth ... polishing a turd won't achieve much.

PS. Sylar surviving at the end of season 1 was the exact point it went to shit, not season 2.

Back