Anyone use a 360 wireless controller on PC?

In XP you would get a pop-up message if you hit the guide button, but that hasn't happened for me in Vista (it was useless anyway). Would have been nice if MS used plain bluetooth so you wouldn't need to buy the receiver, like the Wiimote, but oh well.

The worst part about it is re-syncing your controller(s) back and forth between the XBox and the PC. The sync process is slow and annoying and both of my controllers are white so it's impossible to remember which identical controller is currently synced to which device.

In XP you would get a pop-up message if you hit the guide button, but that hasn't happened for me in Vista (it was useless anyway). Would have been nice if MS used plain bluetooth so you wouldn't need to buy the receiver, like the Wiimote, but oh well.

The worst part about it is re-syncing your controller(s) back and forth between the XBox and the PC. The sync process is slow and annoying and both of my controllers are white so it's impossible to remember which identical controller is currently synced to which device.

I still get the popup under Vista although I agree its completely useless! It amazes me how MS didn't do something useful with this like open the games explorer or perhaps Windows Live. Or maybe they are saving it until a few more games incorporate Live.

I actually find the re-sync process remarkably easy (5 seconds tops?), but I use a black controller dedicated to my PC anyway so only switch over when I need a third pad on my 360.

Robert: I can attest to the fact that the wireless controller actually works great in Crysis. The controls are very nicely mapped. I had considered playing it that way myself for the same reasons and I guess I still am a little (don't have the full game yet) but I found that this was a game that appreciates the accuracy of the mouse for a few reasons. Long distance combat/sniping and just general gazing around at the scenery being the 2 major ones.

Back