Anyone here golf? I just went driving...used a 5 iron...

Guden Oden said:
Anyone who plays golf (and likes it) ought to be shot in the ass with a barrel-load of rock salt. If they ever do it again, replace rock salt with large steel ball bearings. If they wear that stupid golf fashion attire, load gun with ball bearing shells first time.

That's my opinion of golf.
Your opinion would be different if you had seen me play with 3 girls in a foursome and they all said I can only play with them if I wore what they wore (which I did, coz the girls were all attractive). Luckily for me, all of them forgot to bring a camera. Can golf be a very enjoyable game? You betcha!! I'm sure you want to know what I wore that unforgettable day!

PS. On that day, one of the girls broke a driver which she borrowed from one of the other girls (coz she didn't have one that day). She hit the ground hard swinging it, hitting before the ball and the driver just split in two. The immediate reactions from her, and the owner of the driver, were the funniest things I EVER saw. I laughed like shit before I calmed down the owner of the driver.

Guden Oden said:
Not to mention the snobbyism and elitism imbued in all that is associated with the "sport", with the country clubs and the memberships and all of that. .

Oh, snobbyism and elitism is everywhere. You have well over 600 000 golfers in Sweden. It is not a snobby sport anymore. Complain about the elitism in politics and their youth organisations instead where our current government abuse its appointive powers since that stuff is undermining our democracy.

But I guess that would be doing something worthwhile and important. But hey; GOLF! BoooH!

I just like to beat the crap out of the ball...I will try different clubs and see which one suits me. I dont think the game in itself is fun. I am into it to see how far I can hit the ball is all. It is a good feeling to just go thwacking the balls....nice little workout I guess with nothing on your mind except trying to smash the ball farther than the last one...

Back