Any advise for finding a good web hosting?

I'm going to start a site soon, and I'm not too sure about web hosting. I heard dream host is good, but are there any other good hosts to choose from? I can google and be taken to a hosting site, but they're all gonna tell you how great they are. It would be nice to have someone with experience tell me about them.

I have been with a few cheap hosting solutions and not had any issues really.

Been with Qiq, EUKHOST, Clara (when they were around) and probably others I forgot about.

Have used Fasthosts in the past who are massive but only to get our account hacked (dont know if it was host or poor security in the CMS).

What to look for? Good response time for technical support (not pre-sales).

what type of site ninja
if you just need something basic your isp probably gives you some free web space

One is a cataloging site for weird shows created by people on youtube: AVGN, Nostalgia Critic, fan made Ghostbusters 3, Dragon Ball Abridge and all that stuff. The other will be a user base game review site where all game reviews are done by regular people, but with various layers design to prevent trolling, flame baiting, and the level of trust the reviewer earns. Both sites combined will hopefully be as big as Gamefaqs. Plus, I'm working with my tech guy so it'll technically be two people using your web space, but thanks for the kind offer.

Just pick the reliable one for now and be prepared to move server or upgrade when your site have large amount of visitors.

Back