AMD: R9xx Speculation

Huh, I click on http://www.computerbase.de/downloads/treiber/grafik/ati-catalyst-komplettpaket/, click the link for the non-hosted Windows 7 64 bit drivers, and the firefox dl manager says they are from AMD and that they are the 10.12's.

Not trying to going OT, new Cat's get their own thread. But now I suppose that those with 6970's who've been posting will soon have new results. Assuming these are legit.

Great timing! (hopefully)

Edit: a word or two

They are legit, but they don't support the 6900 series, so I'm assuming they will release a hotfix for them.

Yes, I do expect a slide about just that. But you're right, it should be destined for the Antilles launch.

Given the FUD level we are seeing now, there's absolutely no chance they'd leak that out.

Frequncy, VLIW length, TMU, ROP, TS/Polygon,... they all can be analysed pretty accurately, well maybe not the SIMD count, but that's it. As long as there are samples out there, you can't stop the leak.

Features like SidePort is another story. You have to acquire a working Antilles board with proper drivers to know the difference. There are none spotted yet. So expecting AMD to leak unnecessary information is really unwise. As much as you want it, don't expect it.

Could be, we will find out later tomorrow either way! Hopefully some EU site breaks the embargo a few hours early and puts their articles up at midnight GMT so they don't have to wake up at 5am!

Ok, so we have lots of leaked benchies...anyone analyze the AF/texture shimmer/quality?
(I sure am impatient)

Back