Aliens: Colonial Marines screens

I admit that while I can hardly restrain myself when it comes to an Alien game, but the hype machine has totally failed for this game.

Really? I've not noticed much hype myself. That's maybe because I don't go out of my way getting hyped up about stuff... :p

Is there any gameplay video of this game
IGN did a live stream a couple weeks ago, it's on YouTube. Runs for the first hour or so of the game, plus some multiplayer.

The console versions have hit the street early in some areas, and the early reviews are not good. They apparently spent so much time on the art assets and sounds, making it look, sound, and feel like Aliens, that they forgot to make a good game around it. The campaign is apparently exceptionally short, boring, and doesn't really do the franchise any justice whatsoever.

I'll make my own judgements of that when the game unlocks on steam. I feel perhaps many hurry to slam a prereleased game because early negative reviews are more widely distributed and remembered for longer than positive reviews.

Anyho, isn't there supposed to be online coop for the campaign missions? That's something which is sorely lacking, and always a welcome thing.

I was alarmed by a live video preview from some convention that had one of the developers going gaga about how much fan service they were putting in. Plus my impression is the game is focused on a L4D sort of thing instead of quality single player.

IGN did a live stream a couple weeks ago, it's on YouTube. Runs for the first hour or so of the game, plus some multiplayer.

The console versions have hit the street early in some areas, and the early reviews are not good. They apparently spent so much time on the art assets and sounds, making it look, sound, and feel like Aliens, that they forgot to make a good game around it. The campaign is apparently exceptionally short, boring, and doesn't really do the franchise any justice whatsoever.

Just checked out the IGN feed, didn't look very good, reminded me a bit of Doom3.

Getting a closer look at some screenshots and such... Digital Foundry is going to tear this game to shreds, and I really hope they give it a lashing.. there's really no excuse for some of the stuff this game is doing.

ooh, it has things to collect. I cant wait
anyone played Anachronox you collected T.A.C.O's (Totally Collectible Arbitrary Objects)

Reviews are catastrophically bad. Looks like something they decided to junk in 2008 but went back and released it anyway.

We've been working on an (unreleased, uncompleted) trailer for this game in 2008. Wow that was a long time ago.

Reviews are catastrophically bad. Looks like something they decided to junk in 2008 but went back and released it anyway.

Yup. "Catastrophically bad" is probably spot on the money. Beggars belief how Gearbox could take their eye of the ball so completely (whether they developed it or not).

I offered a steam pre-order of the game as a birthday present to a friend.

I thought it should've been good since its the same team that make Borderlands and at least the coop should be great.

Now I feel really bad... never again am I ever going to offer a pre-order without reviews coming out beforehand.. no matter who makes the game.

Back