Alan Wake 2 [PC, PS5, XBSX|S] 17th october 2023

What’s up with all the narrative exposition in this game. The player character is constantly talking to herself out loud.

What’s up with all the narrative exposition in this game. The player character is constantly talking to herself out loud.

If you're name is SAGA ANDERSON, you have to create a saga. Also her son will turn up later.

If your name is Alan, you have to spend time in between worlds, sat at a ghost computer, trying configure your home network.

I like the atmosphere very much. Let's see if I will like Pacific Northwest or Nightmare World better. The RTX lighting looks extremely good, too.

Last edited:
Man, Youtube really sucks especially for dark games. The artifacting even at 4K is horrible. So far environment detail and characters don't seem that impressive.

I have nothing to complain about the Alan meets Alex Casey video. This looks fantastic. Don't see any significant weak points. Visually this is on a whole other level like other gritty games such as Resident Evil.

Haven't read any of the impression stories. I kind of want to avoid any chance of spoilers. One thing I'm curious about is how they'll address new players. Doubtful people will go back and play the original or American Nightmare. They need a way to catch people up on the story, so they're not completely lost. I haven't played those games in a long time, so I'm going to need a refresher.

I played the original but skipped American Nightmare as the difficulty made it not fun. Given how story rich the original was it'll be interesting to see how they introduce the sequel to new players.

I will probably have to take my PS5 down to my family's house to install the game there.

I am with TalkTalk in Edinburgh. Their speed is just the worst ever, at only 0.2 MBPS.

And no. I am not kidding. :(

I am with TalkTalk in Edinburgh. Their speed is just the worst ever, at only 0.2 MBPS.
Is this an infrastructure limitation or is it just TalkTalk being rubbish?

I'm using Three 5G now, which ranges between 30mbps and about 400mbps,, but prior I relied on ADSL which was terrible under BT, but when I moved to PlusNet, who are delivering their service over the exact same infrastructure as BT were, they noticed my internet was worse than expected, investigated and made changes to the connection from their end.

I think it's just the package I paid for, having just investigated the deal. Utter crap either way.

Yeah, I think PlusNet has the same kind of pricing, but you are promised a way higher download speed than just 0.5. What the hell? LOL.

The connection I have with Smarty's or Giffgaff's mobile service is more than capable of going above 5 MBPS outdoors. In my flat though, the flipping concrete is the problem. So I don't even get 1 most of the time.

The connection I have with Smarty's or Giffgaff's mobile service is more than capable of going above 5 MBPS outdoors. In my flat though, the flipping concrete is the problem. So I don't even get 1 most of the time.
I tried 4G and it was utterly rubbish. 5G with the router in the window in the direction of the nearest tower is much better. It's not great that the bandwidth is so variable, which sometimes makes time to download unpredictable, but still miles better than DSL.

I'm still waiting for fibre to the building. 😩

Back