AIM and PhotoGallery error

bouy

Newcomer
Hi, I've been having this issue for the past week and I've been just dealing with it and now it has pretty much crippled my AOL IM.

When I start it, AIM will do it's usual sign in, verify, and starting services. When that's done, a set up thing pops up for something called "PhotoGallery" and then it will ask me to point the setup to where the disc with it is located. In the default location I just see a number "1".

I don't want to install it whatever it is and I don't even know how to install it if I need it. When I cancel the install it gives me an error and then undo's the install. But sometimes it will attempt the install again and I have to go through the same procedure.

What happens following this is the most annoying part, when I finally end the whole setup thing, AIM will have an error and will ask me to close it.

I have to load AIM like 3-4 times before it loads up without issues. And even then my AIM has issues over time like losing connection every 20-30 minutes. (however this might be related to the POS Comcast connection and they haven't fixed it yet)

Anyone knows how to fix this?

Back