a easy or hard question,help me !!

complexmind

Newcomer
:oops: :oops: i am very interested in RSX,which PC card is it equal to??
Someone says it can't be compaired.
Someone says almost developers have claimed that it is equal to 7600GT.
can you give me a answer??i was really puzzled!
Thanks!!:oops: :oops:

As far as I’m aware, 7600GT has twelve fragment processors, and I’m quite positive that RSX has twice of that! But it’s more probably that it has 32! It’s symmetric architecture, like G70, so it has the same number of TMU’s. It relies heavily upon monstrous power of cell and interconnection with it.

As far as I’m aware, 7600GT has twelve fragment processors, and I’m quite positive that RSX has twice of that! But it’s more probably that it has 32! It’s symmetric architecture, like G70, so it has the same number of TMU’s. It relies heavily upon monstrous power of cell and interconnection with it.

32? Where do you get that from? Beyond3D's own news posts suggests that 28 are there with only 24 active for redundency. 32 seems like a very high guess and one that has no real foundation in reality.

I'd say the RSX more like a semi-crippled 7800GTX. The memory bus is why people like to say its a 7600GT but its certainly more powerful than that. Again though, why are you curios? You seem like you're own a misguided adventure and think that the card you buy is some sort of representation of what the PS3 will be like, that's completely false though, as the RSX is in a closed environment and therefore has the the advantage of being extremely optimized for.

Someone says almost developers have claimed that it is equal to 7600GT.
Maybe they were developing a bed sore or a cold? 'cos Games developers who know anything at all about RSX wouldn't say something like that. Or that someone that talked to you was just trying to make the FUD he is spewing more credible and hasn't actually heard from games developers. Or maybe he knows better but chose to spew FUD anyway.

Whatever the case, RSX can do a lot more than a 7600GT.

i am merely a Chinese high school student,i am really puzzled.
is there anyone who can give me a answer in detail??
thanks!!
Code:
                      RSX              7900              7600
Pixel pipes            24               24                12
Memory width          128 bits         256 bits          128 bits
Whoever told you RSX was just like a Geforce 7600 was either a pessimist or a marketing droid.

Code:
                      RSX              7900              7600
Pixel pipes            24               24                12
Memory width          128 bits         256 bits          128 bits
Whoever told you RSX was just like a Geforce 7600 was either a pessimist or a marketing droid.

i am terribly sorry that my english is so poor that i don't know the meaning of "droid". And i can't look it up in my dictionary ,could you please tell me the meaning??
thanks!

These questions need a hot bar of iron pushed through their anal cavity(mind you, I have nothing against the OP, but all of the RSX equals what has been so tiresome, thanks to Sony pimping the hell out of the PS3 and the "I want to believe" syndrome). Maybe after the hot iron-bar they`ll die and go away:)

Listen to zeckensack. Not only is he right, he's the only one who bothered with a table. :)

I believe Sony or Nvidia announced RSX would be running at 550MHz with 700MHz DDR RAM, but there's been some recent talk that it's been downgraded to 500MHz with 650MHz DDR.

A lot of people have mentioned a lot of desktop video cards to compare RSX to, but they're all wrong. :p RSX, assuming its original core and memory clock speeds and origins ("NV47-based"), is most like a 7800GTX-512, but with somewhat less than half the bandwidth. Of course, that's still not precise, since it doesn't account for the fact that RSX has

1) some extra texture cache,
2) half the ROPs, and
3) (probably most importantly) a tight connection to Cell and Cell's memory in a closed environment.

The fact that RSX was touted as being NV47-based may mean each pixel "pipeline" is just MADD + MUL, rather than the MADD + MADD of the G70 series (7600, 7900, etc.)

Back