A book for Zaidenstrife

I clicked on the link and it showed a picture of an arm and I read the first 2 sentences before realising this has something to do with nano technology.

So can someone please summarise the article?

K.I.L.E.R said:
I clicked on the link and it showed a picture of an arm and I read the first 2 sentences before realising this has something to do with nano technology.

So can someone please summarise the article?
You can't read one paragraph?

The Gizmondo is like an n-Gage phone without the phone. It plays mp3, movies, games, and takes pictures.

Problem: they've only sold 800 of them since launch. Not "only sold 800 thousand of them", but just 800.

Now to rectify this the company apparently threw a really big party spending tons of cash wooing investors, which has very little practical effect on the sale of the units.

Zaidenstrife, you mean zidanus1strifus? Hmmm, Zaidenstrife sounds cool I may adopt that one in other boards, or in this one if they perform a reset.

As for this book, thanks for the recommendation, I'll try reading it soon. For those interested in these kind of books, I'd like to add: Engines of Creation which I recently reread, and seems to be available for free here:http://www.foresight.org/EOC/.

PS With regards to Engines, I must add that I'd beg to differ on some of the technical aspects presented in it.

I will second the recommendation of 'Engines of Creation', I read it some years ago and whilst it seems rather fanciful in places, it does suggest some interesting directions that nano-technology might go. It also had a section on hyperlinking (which I guess was quite new when the book was written).

I did check out one of the guys other books out of the library, but it was more of a technical rather than the 'Pop science' book that Engines of Creation is.

CC

Back