6 feet under final eps

jvd

Banned
Did anyone catch this ? It was freaking great. Some of the best tv i've seen in years . It actually made me cry a bit at the ending .

What did everyone think of it ?

Just noticed this thread, and had thought about starting one myself.

While the 4th season was mediocre, overall I loved the series and the 5th season really rebounded the show. And, yea, the last few episodes, from Ecotone (a certain character's death, foreshadowed by the crow at his 40th birthday party) to the last were just great. The last minutes of the series finale were the best TV I have ever seen. I don't cry very easily at all, but, man, I was inches from bawling my eyes out and those scenes were all I could think about the next day. Those characters felt so real that their future deaths were just palpable to me. My wife actually started crying at the end of Ecotone since she hadn't seen it coming like I did.

HBO has obituaries for the characters up on their website. And the 4th season comes out on DVD today (I own the first two).

I saw the first half and loved it, but missed most of the second dealing with me kids.

I was going to either download it or tape it and watch it all, I saw how they did the bit with all the characters at the end (well, at least Brenda's) and I HAVE to see it!!!!

Brilliant series I thought from beginning to end. Me and my wife have been watching it since it came out and I think she did actually cry a bit during the last ep. (I was too busy with the kids to notice much, it happens to me a lot. )

It was great .

Don't forget to pick watch six feet under 2001-2005 . Its a two parter it talks about the series .

jvd said:
Don't forget to pick watch six feet under 2001-2005 . Its a two parter it talks about the series .
I managed to catch that over my wife's shoulder and I must agree it was just excellent, really cool insight into the show/cast/writers and all that and extremely well done.

digitalwanderer said:
I managed to catch that over my wife's shoulder and I must agree it was just excellent, really cool insight into the show/cast/writers and all that and extremely well done.

Yea i think this is the best hbo series since dream on . I think it was better than sex and the city and better than the sapranos and deadwood.

I quit watching that show after the end of the 2nd season. I was a religious follower before then, I think I missed two or three episodes at most before then, but then the third season had a GIANT hiatus over here while SVT ran the sopranos instead and then they got third season rolling kind of quiet-like and I missed a number of episodes and when I tried to start watching it was like everything had changed. That's the downside of these intricate plot-driven HBO shows, when every episode actually continues after the one before, unlike your friends and CSIs and star treks and seinfelds and such where episodes are essentially stand-alone.

It's also their strength, but now I had missed too much. Besides, everybody was just acting crazier than ever and the show was simply getting too nutty for me. Everybody was obviously suffering of some sort of mental disorder and I've had enough nuttyness around me in my real life, didn't think I needed any more on TV also, so I dumped the show. Oh well. :D

John Reynolds said:
Sex and the City? Fag.

I have 3 sisters. You pick up on stuff from the show even if u don't want too . After awhile it got fun watching them dump sarah jessica parker . She really deserved to end up alone

jvd said:
I have 3 sisters. You pick up on stuff from the show even if u don't want too . After awhile it got fun watching them dump sarah jessica parker . She really deserved to end up alone

Umm, she ended up with Mr. Big (John). Oh, wait, I'm not supposed to know that.

yea i know who she ended up with. I'm saying she deserved to end up alone . After what she did to adian .... man what a bitch .

We have the series on dvd and the unaired ending where she ends up alone was really good

I saw just saw it last night... what can I say, it's the end of an era. I think with SFU over, there really is nothing good left on television..

The finale was great. The 5th season was a little depressing, and unlike others, I quite enjoyed the Artschool Claire-centric 4th season (it jived with my sense of humour). They did a great job with Brenda's character in the end, as well. The "family" interaction seemed a little forced though - ie: chemistry between odd pairings, like Brenda/George, Ruth/Keith, etc. But given the "life goes on" theme of the show, I suppose it makes sense.

I think the finale set a new record for number of tears shed on camera though ;)

Oh, and Ted is fucking adorable!

edit: did they ever say how Brenda's baby turned out? I noticed that Claire's actress played Maya in the cutscenes, but I didn't see anything about Willa..

Last edited by a moderator:
zurich said:
edit: did they ever say how Brenda's baby turned out? I noticed that Claire's actress played Maya in the cutscenes, but I didn't see anything about Willa..

Well, they showed Willa's first birthday party so I'd assume she was healthy.

Back