5 new Assasssin's creed screenshots!

that does look damn nice, i cant wait to see more of that lighting in motion
not to mention the animations should be top notch also.

probably I'm the only person on this planet who does not like this game (from a graphics standpoint).
Maybe in motion is much much better..

probably I'm the only person on this planet who does not like this game (from a graphics standpoint).

I think the shown art looks really drab as well, but I hear the animation is super smooth like PoP. If screens were all we were basing it on I would have to scratch my head. Interestingly, AC is much like Bioshock and Mass Effect: We have seen little to no actual gameplay of it and the press has hyped it up really big for consumers. I try not to get too excited about the press hyping a game that we have not yet seen :???:

It actually looks much better in motion, althought it keeps the same feel.

I think that what people really like about this game is not really the graphics, but the Art Direction. At least thats what i like about the game more than the graphics.

Colour balance seems off to me - seems a bit blue - but otherwise what have you got against it?

What do you dislike about it? Technically it's not bad, and the figure quality is high. The cloth dynamics look to be impressive too (from the stills). Apart from a general dullness which might not be everyone cup of tea, I think the game has plenty of visual merit overall.

I think art direction is not good and technically there's nothing on screen I have not already seen somewhere else many times before, but I know that I'm pretty much the only one that does not like it :)
In fact I'm always surprised when people praise it.
Anyway I need to see it in motion..

Yeah I think it's one of those games that needs to be seen in motion; reading all the behind closed doors previews from e3 made the animation sound pretty ambitious.

MGS4 looks to me a better example of 'need to see it in motion'. The latest screen grabs from the trailer show stills that aren't impressive, but the thing in motion looks incredible.

Still, even though the feature set of AC isn't anything new and to get excited, at least they've got the feature set and are using it! For the record I don't think it's a great looker, but I'm not unimpressed either. Looks like a fairly robust first iteration game engine to me with plenty of the next-gen features I'd expect to see from competant developers.

That's not realtime my friend

You just brooke my heart:LOL: .

Anyway now that you said that I looked back (with attention) to the shoots and (IIRC) they indeed are lower qualitity (a lot lower in factn I need to have more attention next time) and rethink about my opinion about how good the game look, I will need to see it in motion:LOL: .

i think it looks great... Agreed it's not technically impressive, and it could use a heapin helpin of AA, but I see the art direction as fitting the feel of the apparent story -- like a middle ages movie that's washed out and a bit gritty. It's something I'd need to see in motion, too, to be sure it wasn't quite as flat as it looks, but in some ways it seems "darker" this way than any amount of bright blood. Sort of like Branagh's Henry V with the awesome black blood flying about -- scary!

I think the shown art looks really drab as well, but I hear the animation is super smooth like PoP.

Should be waaaay smoother than PoP, like 4000 animations instead of 800.

I love this game, the look and everything. The character details is extremely good, especially for the number of people they have on screen.

The way the entire world is interactive, i.e. if a stone sticks out even 1 inch on a wall you can climb it. The crowd dynamics sound extremely impressive as well, all actions get reactions from surrounding crowd, you can shove people aside, they might shove you back, run into a big guy at full steam and you'll fall backwards as you hit him, seems they've really captured the feel of momentum in this game.

The amount of collision detection and complex AI that is going on sounds pretty impressive, and the overall immersiveness of the world and the people in it, sounds heads and shoulders above anything I've ever seen in a video game.

Back