45 nm is coming

PC-Engine said:
...because there is no news to begin with since everyone will have 45nm anyway.

Is it news that the sky is blue whether or not it's related to consoles??? :p

PCengine, give the guy a break, the title "45nm is coming" means just that, "45nm IS COMING". The article only takes into consideration Sony etc because it relates to PS3 and this is a console forum. The guys are trying to discuss how 45nm will be implemented. Does it matter if Intel and the others will have 45nm at the same time? No, not really.
And since Intel is out of the console race (as it seems), it has no relevance to the console forum.

NP, I'm just kinda curious why the same "news" is being rehashed over and over again. Everything in that article was known for awhile.

PC-Engine said:
NP, I'm just kinda curious why the same "news" is being rehashed over and over again. Everything in that article was known for awhile.

boogle.gif
Heh, that's another problem, called "Chronic B3D Skizofrenia" whereby people keep repeating the same things all over again, like old women who keep checking if they lock the front door over and over again because they keep forgetting of doing it... errr...

Personally i very much agree with whoever is saying that Sony will take in the losses of very bad yelds at the beginning, causing manufacturing costs to be high and probably also shortages, like it happened with PS2. then when the process is more mature they can focus on turning a profit on the hardware, and eventually migrate to a 45nm process. It's a natural progression i guess, not rocket science...

london-boy said:
like old women who keep checking if they lock the front door over and over again because they keep forgetting of doing it... errr...
Reckon that makes me an old woman. I'm awful for having to go back and check I locked the car. Since I always have, this probably isn't forgetfulness, just paranoia ;)

Wait they expect 45 nm to be finished in 2005 , most info points to a 2006 launch .

Why did they bother with 65 nm if the 45 nm line will be done almost a year before launch.

Seems like an awfull lot of money to pump into plants that wont produce anything or very few chips .

After all even if the 65nm line is upgradable its still going to cost moeny to upgrade it .

Why did they bother with 65 nm if the 45 nm line will be done almost a year before launch.

simple speculation is that it's alot harder to Quickly move ont smaller cheaper process on this time frame.

Reckon that makes me an old woman. I'm awful for having to go back and check I locked the car. Since I always have, this probably isn't forgetfulness, just paranoia

feh, I chekc the taps and lock in double digits to make I haven't flooded the place.............

Wait they expect 45 nm to be finished in 2005 , most info points to a 2006 launch .

PS3's IC will be based on 65 nm.. not 45.

Back