3DS sets first day hardware sales record for Nintendo

eastmen

Legend
Supporter
http://ds.ign.com/articles/115/1158204p1.htm
endo confirmed this morning that first-day 3DS sales in the U.S. were the highest of any Nintendo hand-held system in its history. The company, however, would not provide an exact number today. It will reveal first-week U.S. sales early next month.

"More details about U.S. sales numbers will be made public on April 14, when first-week U.S. sales figures will be tallied by the independent NPD Group," a representative said. "Nintendo worked hard to get as much product as possible to retailers on day one to meet demand, and we will continue with these efforts moving forward."

The wording is interesting but the DS sold 1.36m in the americas back in dec of 2004. So I'm guessing we are looking at a larger number than that

They must have shipped a cubic assload if they sold that many, because I can't find anyone who is sold out.

They must have shipped a cubic assload if they sold that many, because I can't find anyone who is sold out.

well the ds number i posted is first month sales.

It also seems that gamestop is sold out in stores as i can't find it avalible for in store pick up anywhere .

Bestbuys seem to have them though .

I dunno i think it was 1.4m for NA but that is for the fiscal qtr. I wonder if other shipments have come in yet

Read on a Dutch news site today that Nintendo's shares have dropped to $30 (lowest since 2009) at the announcement that Nintendo isn't going to reach its own targets by a long shot.

nu.nl said:
Nintendo had zichzelf als doel gegeven om 1,5 miljoen 3DS'en te verkopen in Japan in de eerste maand na release. Dit is echter niet gelukt.

Ook sprak Nintendo de verwachting uit dat er wereldwijd vier miljoen exemplaren verkocht zouden zijn in de eerste maand. Eerder werd al bekend dat dit naar alle waarschijnlijkheid niet gelukt was.

Zo verkocht Nintendo 300.000 exemplaren in Europa en zo'n 800.000 in Japan. Het is onwaarschijnlijk dat er in de overige gebieden bijna drie miljoen 3DS’en zijn verkocht.

Translation: Nintendo sold 300,000 in the first month in Europe, 800,000 in Japan. It would have to have sold nearly 3,000,000 in the U.S. and other areas to reach its original ambition of 4,000,000 sold in the first month (of which 1,500,000 in Japan).

it seems silly however since no console not even the ps2 sold 4m in its first month or two at retail. In fact didn't it have just days to sell well in the states ?

Didn't Nintendo say they'd ship 4 million within the first month?, not sell 4 million to consumers?

Back