3ds Max tutorials

Bhavana_2001

Newcomer
In this new 3d Studio Max tutorial, we are going to create a child’s tricycle. This is going to give us lots of practice with such things as the Loft modifier, Boolean operations, and much more besides. Before we begin though, it is extremely important to visualize what the end result will look like. You can try drawing a simple sketch, or looking on the net for some good resource images. Follow the step by step instructions for more details.

Modeling a child’s tricycle

figure45.jpg

Cheers!;)

just a thought is there a demo verion people can download
if not maybe it would be better to do a tutorial using free programs then more people can follow it

I think there is a trial version of 3dsm. The advantage of max is that there is a whole lot of tutorials and sites for, so its easier to begin with. That its prof. software that cost thousands of dollars, well, that.. uhm.. isnt really going to be a problem for most people now is it?

@Bhav: You should make a good tutorial on how to get realistic renders with MR/VR (for some reason its impossible to find anything real good about this). I can kinda model now, But I suck so bad at setting up lights and everything that my images still turn out rubbish while the models arnt that bad :(

There's GMax, which is free. The tutorials should be atleast somewhat manageable in there (Gmax is based on a faily old build of Max, IIRC).

Other freebies...

Wings3D (sourceforge)
Blender (Blender3d.com)
Anim8or (HellzifIknow)

If I think of any other ones, I'll update.

Right now I'm partial to Silo - Not free, but cheap, and surprisingly very nice.

Back