New 3D Tutorial Website In Development

keithd203

Newcomer
Hello All!

I am posting this poll as a means of research for a website I am considering. It is in the early stages of development and this poll is part of the due diligence process. I was exposed to the CG world in 2006, and ever since then I have become a 3d modeling junky. I love modeling and I love watching the progress of other modelers as they post their WIPs and finished projects. I have gained a lot of knowledge through the help of some great tutorials and websites.

Because the CG community has been a great source of learning for me, I felt it was time for me to give back to the community and help other CG artist learn and grow, so I am considering starting a 3d tutorial website. There are some excellent websites already out there that offer tutorials for its members. Just to name a few, 3D-Palace, Gnomon Workshop, Foundation3D, Digital Tutors, 3D Buzz, Simply Maya/Lightwave/Max, Cinneversity, Blender Underground, and many others. These websites I have used and have learned much from. But I believe my website will be different than others. I am going to commission CG artist from the community to produce project-based video tutorials that all artists can follow and learn. I am going to use as many of the 3d software programs I can to ensure I touch as many users as possible, such as the following programs:

-3ds Max -Maya -Lightwave -Cinema 4D -Zbrush
-XSI -Houdini -Modo -Blender
-Rhino -Carrera Pro -Hexagon -Swift3D
-AliasStudio -trueSpace -Silo -Wings3D

I am going to have challenges and giveaways where members will be awarded prizes, and many of these prizes will come from the websites mentioned above. And if all goes well, I hope to develop a scholarship fund that will help aspiring artist go to college or trade school.

Of course none of this will be possible if I do not have your support, and that support can be offered by signing up for either a standard or a premiere membership. The difference in the two, premiere membership will cost between $10 and $15 per month and will offer total access to all tutorials, forum, and other materials, while the standard membership is free and only offers access to the forum and free items.

Your help is needed to determine whether this website would be beneficial to the community. Therefore, I ask you to please review the above and answer the poll question below. Any other comments, suggestions, or concerns would be greatly appreciated.

Do you feel this website is something you would find useful and would consider becoming a member?

Back