3dfx/3dhq Revenge superchip.

Althornin said:
so the R300/R350's have internal truecolor, eh?
I get none fo the hideous dithering artifacts my GF3 gets with my 9700
All calculations are done at 24-bits per component internally. However, if the application is using a 16-bit framebuffer, then you'll probably see dithering artifacts, especially if a lot of blending is going on.

parhelia said:
but why didn't he ever develop those photos of him and show them to anyone?

He might have been asked not to.

Keep in mind, the company that 'owns' the cards would be in a heap of trouble if there was solid evidence they exist.

rashly said:
Ailuros,

i never said i believed those numbers. i dont believe them. i just said thats what he told me. i do believe that he saw a working rampage card though, but i think he exaggerated the numbers.

You're amongst the few that managed to make sense ever since. I might not be involved in a direct manner with 3dfx related boards, but I do keep an eye on things for quite some time.

Mmm... yeah, he probably did exaggerate the numbers a bit, but I doubt the difference between what he said and what is true is that great... probably on the order of 20fps, tops.

Tagrineth said:
parhelia said:
but why didn't he ever develop those photos of him and show them to anyone?

He might have been asked not to.

Keep in mind, the company that 'owns' the cards would be in a heap of trouble if there was solid evidence they exist.
You didn't by chance write scripts for the "X-Files" did you? :LOL:

RussSchultz said:
OpenGL guy said:
You didn't by chance write scripts for the "X-Files" did you? :LOL:

Even the XFiles got bad after 5 seasons. Certainly this topic hasn't aged nearly as well.
But it has the requisite "more conspiracy theories than you can shake a stick at" going for it :)

rashly said:
hank posts over at x3dfx every once in a while. he knows ALOT. he got some data sheets on the vsa100 and we were discussing how to modify teh v5 to have 64 megs of ram per chip.

Yes, why did anyone assume that he "owns SLI"? Did he say that he does?

Tagrineth said:
Mmm... yeah, he probably did exaggerate the numbers a bit, but I doubt the difference between what he said and what is true is that great... probably on the order of 20fps, tops.

Oh never mind. If this thread lasts another 10 pages, maybe we will come closer to reality. :oops:

Ailuros said:
Tagrineth said:

Oh never mind. If this thread lasts another 10 pages, maybe we will come closer to reality. :oops:

You're part of the reason the thread lasted so long in the first place, so hush!

Tagrineth said:
Geeforcer said:
Yes, why did anyone assume that he "owns SLI"? Did he say that he does?

IIRC, yes, he did. Not 100% sure on that one though. Say 95%.

I am asking because a search of USPO database for Semenec returns 7 ~13 year-old patents on clock designs.

You're part of the reason the thread lasted so long in the first place, so hush!

I don't see myself stepping back slightly or correcting even one single point so far :p :p :p

Once upon a time there was a beutiful Voodoo5 5500 that was lucky enough to move in with a PentiumIII-S "Tualatin" 1.26GHz. Well, this Voodoo5 lived a very happy life indeed, but felt somoething was missing. After a lot of research it was discovered that Voodoo5's often had their heatsinks atatched very poorly, and also that this particular Voodoo5 was getting extremely hot. So, it went in for some very long surgery- the removal of the old heatsinks, the lapping of its VSA-100's until they were as smooth as a perfectly cut diamond, the addition of copper blocks on the back of the card which had trenches milled so that they would make contact with the PCB and not the square resistors thatlay back behind the VSA-100s, it had tin coated ramsinks installed and two Chrome Orbs on the VSA-100s and two more Chrome Orbs on the copper blocks to equal front and back cooling of each VSA-100. But, a problem was encountered. One of the rear Chrome Orbs was over the RAM slots of the swank Abit ST6-RAID in which it was to dwell. The poor Voodoo5 was left asleep on the operating table for many months while a solution was searched for, until, at last, an AGP height extender was found which would allow the Chrome Orb to rest comfortably above the cool-blue system RAM and the heatsinks and fans attatched. But, the Voodoo5 never woke up. Devestated, the PIII-S tried to have a fruitful life with just the memories of FSAA, and it's new Voodoo3 3500 (non-TV) prototype friend. However, the Voodoo3 was much too young to be able to fullfil the desires of the PIII-S, and so one day the PIII-S sent for a GeForce4 Ti4200. Things were well for a while with the Ti4200, but it just wasnt the same, until one day.....
One Christmas a new Voodoo5 5500 came to visit the PIII-S. The PIII-S vowed to protect the new Voodoo5 from the evils that had claimed the last one.

And so the PIII-S still endures the Ti4200 to this day so that the Voodoo5 may stay safely away from the dangerous overclocking tendancies of the world and live happily ever after.

deadhorse_thumb.jpg

yeah, im afraid to take the risk, but i REALLY want to try my direct freon (err, not freon. whatever they use in air conditioners these days) cooling system on the new one :D

Back