3dfx/3dhq Revenge superchip.

deadhorse_thumb.jpg

DIE TOPIC DIE!

Hmm, nice find...
But did you REALLY expect this thread to die after linking to this and implying it indeed is a real board?

Uttar

removed pic..
sorry I'm a big 3DFX fan but it think this thread climaxed a while back.. i could be wrong though...

OOOhh oooh guys. I have pictures of a working Osbourne II. Really! Damn, that thing would have so 0WN3D the IBM Personal Computer XT Model 286.

RussSchultz said:
OOOhh oooh guys. I have pictures of a working Osbourne II. Really! Damn, that thing would have so 0WN3D the IBM Personal Computer XT Model 286.

Uh... that's the low end single Rampage. On a protoboard. Probably with reduced speed RAM, and maybe also a core that can't handle retail clocking. Nobody's saying it's going to own anything.

parhelia said:
That thins is HUGE, and I thought the V5 6000 was huge!
It will never fit in most systems.

It's a generic protoboard with a GPU socket ^_^ It even has a molex connector, but it doesn't need it to run.

Screenshots are real. Incidently one of, if not the first place those screenshots appeared were on ye olde Beyond3D Forum back years ago.

YEA!!!!...now thats a piece of collecting tank I'd love to possess!.........On a different note, I cant help but feel I'm part of the degradation of B3D that I've been hearing about :cry:

Well, I can see how some members dont like threads like this, especially if they go as far as this one did. But you have to admit...this thread got alot of post's. Earlier tonight, I was reading Daves disclaimer at the begining of the "3D Architecture and Coding" forum, and it made me a little sad...Dave is faced with a tough dilema. Some people like Reverand obviously feel that there are members here(like me I'm sure) that kind of drive away that feeling of proffesionalism that B3D has...that's what saddens me. I dont want to impose here. I dont want to hang out, thinking that I fit in, and then find out later that people dont like me, or my post's. This isnt your average forum, and I know it. I find myself coming here because the people are so fucking smart, I cant begin to explain to you how it is for me. I actually scour the web sometimes to find something interesting to post, or to clue myself in on what you guy's are talking about, just so I can fit in, and that isnt like me...there are other forums like Tom's or Rage3D that I am a key player in, and I'm liked and accepted...no worries at all about my status, or how I fit in. These forums are little societies of people, and regardless of wether or not we should let the things that happen in them upset us...they do, and the things that happen in them are very impotant to us, and to our lives....I dont want to stop coming here, and I didnt plan on writing any wierd crap like this tonight, or any other night. But I want at least somebody to know, and maybe understand, that what you guy's do, and talk about, and argue about, is everything that I aspire to do.......So now that I've embarrased myself, I'll probably just lurk around the gaming section where I belong.......Dave, you have an incredible little home here in B3D.

Post deleted because it sounded dumb...but Saem, I dont need you to explain to me the reasons why the 3d architecture and coding forum was constructed. It's pretty obvious, and I think it was a smart move....You dont see me posting there do you?...so whats the big deal about this threads existance?....On this forum? you've practically posted on it as much as I have with your "this post should be deleted" comments...

Back