[360, PS3] Stacking : novel download title

Shifty Geezer

uber-Troll!
Legend
This is a curious title with a nice aesthetic and novel gameplay, a sort of paradroid adventure game where you play a Russian doll who can possess other dolls by stacking inside them, and once stacked can use their particular abilities.

[gt]708859[/gt]

I'm pretty intrigued.

Yeah, sounds very interesting. Thats what I like most about the online possibilities of this generation, games that are a bit of mainstream actually getting released to an audience. Al tough this looks like a "bigger" budget, but still its probably to niche to release on disc.

Looks very interesting and being Tim Schaffer behind the game almost guaranties that it is a day one buy for me, love his games.

Yeah, sounds very interesting. Thats what I like most about the online possibilities of this generation, games that are a bit of mainstream actually getting released to an audience. Al tough this looks like a "bigger" budget, but still its probably to niche to release on disc.

I agree, to me that is like the biggest thing with this generation. I just love the possibilities of the online games and how it broadens the variety of the games that this way of distribution permits as the risks are minimized...

In all the Killzone 3 noise, I wanted to give a big shoutout to this game. It is a very nice change of pace, and the type of game I have been hoping to see more of. The demo as well as the full game is up on both platforms as far as I know.

As a Playstation Plus member, I didn't even have to think about buying this, because we got it for free! Nice. :)

Anyway, it's basically a kind of old-school puzzle adventure with an original twist in the shape of the stacking mechanism, which is highly enjoyable. The games silent film presentation is effective too. It is not outrageously funny, most of it is more subtle (so far at least, I'm at 4% ;) ). There is also a lot of stuff to do besides just solving the puzzles to progress your adventure like all sorts of bonus quests and challenges, etc. This game shares some features with MMO games in that respect.

Any game that does not involve any violence whatsoever (so far at least, though it does involve child labor ;) ) is a big plus in my book, and this game seems highly enjoyable.

I think outrageously funny usually falls flat on its face in the realm of video games anyway, so I'm quite happy with the subtle humor in stacking. I downloaded the demo yesterday, and it's just charming as hell. You just gotta love the faux stop motion animation.

Thanks for the heads up. I was wondering what's new in PS Store. Haven't visited it for weeks since I started playing Nier and ME2. Will check it out.

Also check out that "Blob" game (full title escapes me at the moment). I thought that one was fairly entertaining as well.

That would be De Blob I think, a Wii port. It was getting good impressions from the Playstation Nation guys, and decent impressions elsewhere though citing a few issues such as difficulty spikes (that however disappear mostly when you play co-op).

I couldn't find it on the European store though, so I'm guessing it's not yet available to us.

It's not de Blop actually. The full title is "About a Blop". It's also most definitely available in the European store. It's in the German store for sure, and if even we get it in a timely manner, everyone else in the world must've gotten it as well.

Agreed, saw the thread yesterday, LOVED the demo and immediately purchased the game. Curious to see how complex some of the puzzles are. Trial and error so far can be entertaining. Great game design!

Pretty short I think. With the demo I got to about 10% complete in about an hour's play maybe. I would like to buy it, but I'm waiting on Under Siege and Dungeon Hunter Alliance. With no release dates for these, I just keep waiting and waiting. If I knew they weren't coming out for a couple of months, I'd likely grab Stacking, but I don't want to get Stacking now if next week one or other of these comes out.

Come on, its worth the time to do all the hi-jinks and not just main story.

I did do some of the hi-jinks and found more then one solution to most puzzles. And I can still go back and try the remaining stuff, which I'll probably do.

Back