[360, PS3] RAGE Discussion

Wow thats really low. [I'd even go as far as saying they are horrible]

Yeah those images look horrible. I was curious to see the trailer after these images but surprisingly though the trailer didnt look that bad at all.

It looks much better in motion

Just watched the trailer and some direct feed shots posted earlier, I'm liking what I see here. The MT is doing a lot to convince the variation of the scenes and the baked in GI does accentuate the look further more despite being static and all. Only thing I hate is driving, it's just so cheesy and racing game like, but that's just me. I kinda hope they would ditch the racing aspect so that we can get a locked 30fps with more polys in those almost Doom3 like characters, perhaps even getting dynamic lighting too. Overall, I would say it looks far better than Fallout 3 at this stage.

It all depends what appeals to a person, but I will not deny I think it looks awesome. Even the screen shots people are complaining about actually have redeeming qualities in my eyes.

I wanted to ask an overly stupid question..please forgive me for that :oops:
Can a person say that this game is better looking [not art wise] , than the likes of other console tech juggernauts ie. Killzone 2,Uncharted/Uncharted 2 ?

Mod : No, a person can't. It'll derail the thread into subjective 'versus' arguing. :p

[strike]Btw folks, gonna move some of the more recent tech discussion from the old thread to a new one... :s Will update this post when it's done (hopefully soon).[/strike]

[strike]Oh ok, techie discussion is already in the Cross Platform Thread, and so it shall be.[/strike] :)

edit2: NP joker. :)

Actually, there's enough about idtech to start up its own thread... :s

edit3: Okay... please keep the idTech stuff in the following thread. :)
http://forum.beyond3d.com/showthread.php?t=54823

2nkqfq1.jpg

:no: , looks horrible ...

Looking at pictures uploaded by Richard, I must say that I love the way they have done the baked in lighting, almost feels as if its real lights.

Btw any idea as per where to find the 60FPS encode for this trailer ?

This game looks completely unique and incredibly good.

There are some small technical issues with the occasional low poly character or funky texture, but they have many months to polish it, and as a whole it's already fantastic.

I didnt noticed any DOF during shooting part either, I'm pretty sure I missed Motion Blur too...just a distortion effect while explosion.

It does look like they have anisotropic filtering on, and these are suppsedly X360 captures...

:D Just saw the HD trailer ! Man, I am getting this game the day it hits ! Woe be to all naysayers :LOL: ! This is beautiful!

Eat RAGE , Mr. Fallout 3 ! This is what apocalyptic worlds look like ! They are supposed to be beautiful, not dull and boring ! Hell , Yeah !

Praise the lord ! For a mighty game is in the making ! :devilish:

Back