[360, PS3] Bayonetta

Sorry NG/NG2 (and other lesser action games), Bayonetta just owns you all over the place. This game is sick. The boss fights are great and the overall combat is just awesome. Endless is the best way to describe it. You can combo to you hears desire and the "economy" in the game gives you a ton of option based on your play style. By no means you need to play a certain way.

Yeah it's cheesy and doesn't take it self seriously at any point (so far) but it's one hell of a ride. I'm only on Verse 3 but so far it's certainly lived upto the high reviews.

It looks like the devs decided to throw in anything that popped into their heads. I'm expecting to get into a fight with a giant kitchen sink at any moment. For something that seemed so weird at first it continues to find ways to surprise and impress me. I knew that it played well but I wasn't expecting this.

Yeah it's cheesy and doesn't take it self seriously at any point (so far) but it's one hell of a ride. I'm only on Verse 3 but so far it's certainly lived upto the high reviews.
For some reasons I believe that these kinds of games need to be cheesy & over the top.

btw, how about the automatic mode? can you really finish the game only using one hand? how good is the character AI in automatic mode?

Let me tell you how good this game is:

Last night I played from 7:00pm till 8:30 and then went to dinner. Then I came back to wanted to play a bit more because that's all I could think about at dinner. I went to bed at 4am...Yes. 4am. Then I woke up this morning and beat it.

It's one of the rare games that keeps getting better and better as you play through it. Towards the later half of the game, it's just one epic battle after another and you never get a breather.

If you like action games at all, you're doing yourself a disservice by not playing through it.

Let me tell you how good this game is:

Last night I played from 7:00pm till 8:30 and then went to dinner. Then I came back to wanted to play a bit more because that's all I could think about at dinner. I went to bed at 4am...Yes. 4am. Then I woke up this morning and beat it.

It's one of the rare games that keeps getting better and better as you play through it. Towards the later half of the game, it's just one epic battle after another and you never get a breather.

If you like action games at all, you're doing yourself a disservice by not playing through it.

Yeah, I saw you on. I played until 2am, I think I'm almost finished as well. This game just keeps on pulling out the surprises (some of them are quite silly).

There are so many things that I haven't unlocked that I will probably start a new game or game+ as soon as I'm done. This game rivals my best action game of all time, Ninja Gaiden Black!!!

Is it as insanely difficult as the NG games? I really liked NG2, until the goddamn boss battles.

I think I'd like a "hack n slash" type game, but I have zero tolerance for insane difficulty and tediousness.

I started playing this yesterday and I'm still in the very early stages, but it feels pretty good, and the amount of stuff on screen is ridiculous :) It's pretty impressive that the framerate is as high as it is.

Is it as insanely difficult as the NG games? I really liked NG2, until the goddamn boss battles.

I think I'd like a "hack n slash" type game, but I have zero tolerance for insane difficulty and tediousness.

The boss battles can be tough and like NGB, even the regular enemy types can deadly (at least around the midway point). It is really crucial you learn when to dodge and activate witch time that slows the enemies Matrix style. Combos and weapons are varied so it's really up to you to find one that suits your style.

Some of the levels can be a little confusing and I know I died quite a few times thinking I had to go a certain path on one level. For the most part, the levels are mostly linear.

I'd download the demo for a go, but realize that it's a very small part of what to expect. The fallinging tower sequence is played a little differently in the retail version though.

NG2's difficulty is done by making the game cheap. In beyonetta you die because you didn't use the right strategy. There have been bosses that killed me and then with the right strategy, I killed them without taking much damage at all.

Also the game varies greatly depending of the weapons you use. It's literally a whole diff style of game depending of your weapon combo. Not to mention you can do weapon swaps mid combo and keep going.

The fighting in the game is a good balance between offense and defense. You should be able to beat it on normal without throwing the controller. Something that can't be said of ng2 on "path of the warrior" difficulty.

I've been addicted to this game. Honestly, I think it's even better than DMC3, which has been my all time favorite in the genre..

NG2's difficulty is done by making the game cheap.

If you're referring to NGII, sure but certainly not the original or NGB. NGB and NGS were always fair fights whereas NGII's idea of challenge was overwhelming you with projectile spamming enemies.

They did try to make things right with NGS2, and POTM was fine. Though there are aspects like the boss fights that were far too gone to be saved.

Just finished the game on Climax (with quite a few gold and silver statues too) and now i'm the 4th time through it. Very enjoyable, though the lack of witch time kinda brought down the mood of the game. The driving/flying portions were more tedious than ever as well.

As far as difficulty, Climax is nowhere near Ninja Gaiden 2 MN(360) or God Hand (Die). I'd say it is as difficult as DMC4 DMD and a bit more forgiving than DMC3 DMD.

Holy ***kin smoke! I didn't think much of this game and decided to DL the demo after a seeing a few hype from several forum...and I must say this game is so freakin awesome! Its funny, I thought the game looked mediocre all over the internet, now I think its one of the finest looking game this gen. You really have to see it in motion to really appreciate them as the screen shot alone don't do its justice.
^
I love both level in the demo and I don't understand why many don't like the falling clock?!? Maybe its too chaotic? That's the level that really draws me in since the spectacular graphics display along with all of the chaos got me hype for what's to come. I also find it funny people won't give it a chance b/c they find it too weird or over the top yet everyone loves Little Big Planet which was also weird. Also how can anyone say its too old school yet overlooked the franchise that paved the way in GOW and NG which today, still doesn't bring anything new? Sounds a little contradicting to me. Anyway, I think I'm defending this game a little too much considering I've only played the demo, which shows how good this game really is. If I can sum up the game in a few words, I would say its DMC on crack. I was going to pick up MW2 tomorrow, but that's gonna have to wait a little while since I need to get this game first.

Damn I'm on like my 6th run, so addictive, I didn't even try going for platinums, the hidden verses and challenges is turning me off from that, and the long load time would make restarting verses really tedious on the ps3.
It's really a great game to just pick up and play after you've already beaten it, I did that with uncharted 2, this is the second game this gen I would play over and over, but I find myself skipping the last couple of boss sequence, the mini games level really kills it for me.

Jeanne is still a push over during certain sequence, mainly because of the camera on small areas, she's so fun on higher difficulties. I could beat most of the grace and glorious encounters without problems or getting hit now, but I'm still having problems with multiple joys, the dog and the burning mobs, burning mobs is a problem without WT if I'm not using Durga, I still are not sure how to deal with them when doing my run on non stop climax without using accessories other than wicked weave spam.

This game is even better on hard. Normal is more about getting your self familiar with the game. Onto Climax mode to see how I do. After that, a few more normal run throughs to pick up items and such. This game just begs for multiple run throughs.

This game is even better on hard. Normal is more about getting your self familiar with the game. Onto Climax mode to see how I do. After that, a few more normal run throughs to pick up items and such. This game just begs for multiple run throughs.

Replaying on normal as well to find more Alfheims and LPs--Hard mode will be next. This game sits very near the highest mark for me for action games. My only complaint would be the camera occasionally gets in the way and slight screen tearing.

I guess I'm in the minority, but I enjoyed the story and appreciated how the cutscenes were implemented. It appears to be using in-engine assets to.

Back