[360] Mass Effect

I am playing the PC version but... are you supposed to get so little for wares sold?

I mean sure simple guns, rifles and sniper but 12-25 credits!? :???:

Kinda makes me confused how I will be able to buy those 20k+ credit stuffs ever...

I never bought anything. Just used the weapons I picked up. Eventually you can buy the Spectre Elite Weapons. Even equip them on your team and then go clean up some robot trash.

Not confirmed yet though and I kind of doubt we will see it on the PS3. This is just speculation

Good to know. Otherwise this game is just mind blowingly good. And artwork of the charts.

I thought the game was a technical mess and only slightly above average overall. The main story was good, but the side quest and combat were poor. I traded it as soon as I finished it, I hope the iron out everything for the next installment.

I thought the game was a technical mess and only slightly above average overall. The main story was good, but the side quest and combat were poor. I traded it as soon as I finished it, I hope the iron out everything for the next installment.

I find the side quests to be as in other games. KOTOR for example. Fire fights are quite good although simple you still can command your party quite good. Ai is hit or miss sometimes, acting good taking cover and other times taking a nap (seldom). Technically, its alright, though some 'extreme mode' tweaks to my like for more eye-candy but otherwise good.

But then I am playing the PC version with latest patch and official addon pack and dunno if the xbox360 version got a patch or fixed stuff in the PC version.

The view of the local star can be quite breathtaking at times (animated blue/red giant flares). :)

Indeed, very athmospheric. The camera angles and depth of field in conversations also helps a lot in creating a cinematic feel to it. :D

I find the side quests to be as in other games. KOTOR for example. Fire fights are quite good although simple you still can command your party quite good. Ai is hit or miss sometimes, acting good taking cover and other times taking a nap (seldom). Technically, its alright, though some 'extreme mode' tweaks to my like for more eye-candy but otherwise good.

But then I am playing the PC version with latest patch and official addon pack and dunno if the xbox360 version got a patch or fixed stuff in the PC version.

The biggest problem with ME 360 were the framerate and texture pop-in. I don't think either were in the PC versions, but I'd have to check my cousin's copy.

People have already said it, but don't try to be a completist. The 'Bringing down the sky' content is a good side mission, though I especially liked it because it saved me from having to grind and grind and grind trying to get the best armor.

Are you trailing to play a adept in hardcore setting?
Combat were poor when you play a soldier in first two setting…
The only default of Mass Effect is it to short!!
Despite the more 50 hours of play and the 4 replays I made! :LOL:

The biggest problem with ME 360 were the framerate and texture pop-in. I don't think either were in the PC versions, but I'd have to check my cousin's copy.

I think the texture pop-in is related to framerate, the less the framerate the less textures it loads becosue of less ms devoted to streaming. Only way for me see texture pop-in is to set the AA to 24x to get 15-20fps, then its noticable when loading a saved game for some seconds and in some places. Otherwise 8xAA it holds itself at 40-60fps with no texture pop-in.

People have already said it, but don't try to be a completist. The 'Bringing down the sky' content is a good side mission, though I especially liked it because it saved me from having to grind and grind and grind trying to get the best armor.

But its nice to have a goal and drool over the heavy armors and weapons even if it will take some time. I am starting to find some nice stuff and I also lost some nice stuff by accidentaly pressing the 'convert to omnigel' button! :LOL:

Now a question, if a team member "dies" during battle will that member get reduced stats when getting up again after battle?

Now a question, if a team member "dies" during battle will that member get reduced stats when getting up again after battle?

Not that I can tell. There's no way to look at stats other than HP/skills, and I don't think I saw those decrease. The spectre 'res allies' ability does decrease your abilities, though, but I don't think your partners'.

I bought and beat the game on the PC recently. It was quite good. Especially the first 2/3rds or so. The last part of the game was not as good. And the ending felt really rushed out the door.

My only complaints about the game are: Most of the side quests I saw were boring and pointless. The quest that comes with the patch was slightly better than the rest, but not by much. I wish they fleshed out the main plot line a little more instead of throwing in dozens of optional quests. Most of which seemed to be assassination missions. The majority of the "worlds" you can visit in the game seem to be randomly generated terrain meshes. Also many indoor areas were very repetitive design wise. Finally, the friendly AI characters were not very good. And I really wished I could manually control them when I needed them like in KOTOR.

On my 9600GT frame rate was rock solid on the highest settings. The game really felt like a PC game to me controls wise which was good. I was playing a Infiltrator and overall the combat with the sniper rifle and pistol worked out quite well. Sniper rifle might even be too powerful with a KB/Mouse.

I don't think it's as good overall as the original KOTOR. But it is still an excellent Bioware game, even with it's flaws.

I think the best experience would be to stick with the main storyline and play through multiple times. The side quests have some fun dialog options, but the planet landings get old very quick.

My wife just offered me the game (along with GeoW1) so I'm in for some advices.
I just start the game to see how it looks I don't care start it again especcialy as I realize that I managed to do a pretty close rendition of my face but that I could have done even better :) (It's kind of funny to watch something close to me in a video game kind of weird too).
What advice could you gave me in regard to the classes, I wanted to start with an adept, is that ok?
I mean are all the classes pretty balanced?
In regard to setting does activating/desactivating Blur has an effect on performances?
What should I do in regard to aim assist? I'm not a good fps player at all but I wouldn't want to spoil the experience especcialy as I play in "normal" difficulty setting.

Other than that the first half an hour has already managed to grabbed me! I didn't want to go working today :LOL:
I even considered don't do sport tonight for have more playtime (I got a grip on myself in this regard).
I'm already looking for the second rendition as the game looks good so far (I saw really few) by looking at GeoW2 (quiet a different set up I know) I can't help but feel that UE3 can push something significantly better :)
Many thanks for yours advices!

EDIT
As the game is old are there known issue in regard to instal (I plan to do)?
EDIT 2
I came to remember of gamefaq so I'm currently reading some advices :)

Last edited by a moderator:
I played as an engineer which was quite weak at first but became great against the robotic enemies later on. Believe it's reasonable balanced, plus your party will let you iron out any glaring weaknesses.

I played as an engineer which was quite weak at first but became great against the robotic enemies later on. Believe it's reasonable balanced, plus your party will let you iron out any glaring weaknesses.
First thanks for your response :)

I read great things about engineers on some faq. Actually some faq @ gamefaq were a good reading as instruction manual is not complete by any means. I found interesting the way achievements allow you to make a better character, it makes the appeal of being able to save the character for ME2 I saw among members way clearer.
actually I wonder if I'll stick with an adept, actually using a sentinel sounds interesting as it would allow me to see quiet some differents abilities both biotic and tech skills.
On the other hand a soldier could be a good way to go through the game quickly and unlock the achievements needed to make a real powerful character. But I may enjoy less.

Actually the more I read the more I'm confused :LOL: It's remembering old good time trying to power play through BGII and IWD2

Apparently the lack of a manual for the game is a rather long-running joke around the interwebs that I didn't know of until I got so frustrated with the game I searched for answers.

As to the install question, I installed it to the HDD right off the bat and I haven't experienced anywhere near the reports of 'pop-in' and other graphic issues that people complained of.

The elevator load times are still a bit too long, but not overly so after you hear the brief conversation. There's not like 30 seconds of silence or anything. Maybe 10?

Apparently the lack of a manual for the game is a rather long-running joke around the interwebs that I didn't know of until I got so frustrated with the game I searched for answers.

As to the install question, I installed it to the HDD right off the bat and I haven't experienced anywhere near the reports of 'pop-in' and other graphic issues that people complained of.

The elevator load times are still a bit too long, but not overly so after you hear the brief conversation. There's not like 30 seconds of silence or anything. Maybe 10?

The main problem with the elevator is the ridiculous one on the ship -- especially since you'd typically often take it twice, just to talk to the store guy to see if he has anything good, then to get back to the bridge. I think grandmaster did tests on ME install vs. no-install, and found no real changes.

Back