I couldn't find a thread on this so excuse me

New360 screens

masseffect_20_745x440.jpg

masseffect_13_745x440.jpg

masseffect_22_745x440.jpg

masseffect_30_745x440.jpg

The rest Here

Whoa.

Can't wait to see this one in all it's glory. I was lukewarm to this last year, but, since I have seen some gameplay footage, and if they keep upgrading like this. Whoa. (Joey Lawrence style.)

And yet I think this game's primary strength will have just about nothing to do with graphics and just about everything to do with sheer quality, depth, captivating the interest of the gamer-that`s what Bioware does best.

That headshot posted is actualy quite old, and I don't think it's really representative of the ingame model, there are a few newer shots that look more realistic, not as great, but still quite nice:
masseffect_29_745x440.jpg

masseffect_32_745x440.jpg

Personally, I think these two shots are the most stunning, especially when seen in 720p:
masseffect_19_745x440.jpg

masseffect_20_745x440.jpg

It looks so damn crisp, it's great. I really dig the design/direction for that alien guy; he has a bit of a feline look. The resolution of the face textures is pretty far out, almost like it was out of an IHV's tech demo.

I'll tell you this, it's a heckuva UV mapping. ;) It could be a cut-scene type of deal ala Gears (load in higher res for the close-ups). Even the red flap has flaws so....

From the 720p shot:
masseffect-1.jpg

This HAS to be a bullshot...there's just no way...is there?

There are chances for that to be in-game. Consider that you`re mixing a top-end engine with great tools with a large team that excells at creating high-quality art...so odds are the combo looks really really neat.

I'll tell you this, it's a heckuva UV mapping. ;) It could be a cut-scene type of deal ala Gears (load in higher res for the close-ups). Even the red flap has flaws so....

Artist working on Mass Effect...

"There's a level of detail (LOD) system in place, so for conversations and cinematics (like that screenshot) we pump the graphics to max. And similarly in combat or exploration mode, it drops down so the framerate is faster as there's less to process per character model."

http://masseffect.bioware.com/forums/viewtopic.html?topic=569708&forum=104&sp=30

Back