30" Monitors? New models?

If the 360 has black bars then it hardly scales beautifully does it ;)
ps: its not the monitor thats the problem ;)
Don't really have a PC yet that can do much gaming, let alone 3D gaming
What do you have you'd be surprised, dont forget the Gaming Machine of the gods has games that go back all the way to text based, there is much goodness to be savored even for those without decent gfx cards
The card in your propriety boxes of evilness, is equivalent to a 6 year old pc card and you seem happy with that

when a transition takes 20 msec, 120 Hz refresh is silly.
Pixels aren't constantly going to be flipping from one extreme to the other and back again of course... If that was the case the on-screen image would either be a depiction of utter chaos or doing nothing except giving the viewer a headache at best or seizures at worst. :p

Overdrive is a stopgap:
It is clear that increasing the applied voltage speeds up the turn-on time (which consists of the delay time and the rise time). However, in doing so it either slows down the turn-off time, or at sufficiently high voltages produces the annoying bounce. Again, the bounce time is determined by the applied voltage and the formulation ofthe liquid crystal. Both T(on) and T(off) can be shortened, and the bounce minimized or eliminated by making the LC layer thinner. Reducing the thickness of the LC layer,however, is limited by the birefringence of the LC mixture. Below a certain thickness, an LC light valve will have a lower extinction coefficient in the closed state thereby allowing more light to pass through. The effect of temperature generally speeds up the response times of LC light shutter (...)
http://www.excel-display.com/LightValve.pdf

Last edited by a moderator:
If the 360 has black bars then it hardly scales beautifully does it ;)
ps: its not the monitor thats the problem ;)

What do you have you'd be surprised, dont forget the Gaming Machine of the gods has games that go back all the way to text based, there is much goodness to be savored even for those without decent gfx cards
The card in your propriety boxes of evilness, is equivalent to a 6 year old pc card and you seem happy with that

Like I say about 80s music, I was there when it happened, and consumed it to death. No desire to go back. ;) Actually, though I admit I miss some of the gaming from the 80s, and definitely more than the music.

Back