Vista scores...post up

Processor 4.7 (Opt 165)
Memory 4.9 (2x DDR400 at 3-3-3T2)
Graphics 5.9 (HD2900XT)
Gaming Graphics 5.8
HD 5.2 (2x Hitachi deskstar 160GB)

Fister x32

edit: changed memory timings from 3337-2 to 2326-2 but nothing changed for the mem score..

Last edited by a moderator:
Processor 4.7 (Opt 165)
Memory 4.9 (2x DDR400 at 3-3-3T2)

edit: changed memory timings from 3337-2 to 2326-2 but nothing changed for the mem score..

On my AMD X2 system I think I had a 5.9 memory score. That system was an X2 4400+ @ 2.5Ghz, running on a 10x multiplier with 250Mhz FSB. The 2 Patriot DDR 1Gig sticks were running with 3-4-4-8 T1 timings also at 250Mhz. You might want to see if you can get the memory to run with T1 settings or if you can run them any higher such as DDR500.

You might want to see if you can get the memory to run with T1 settings or if you can run them any higher such as DDR500.

Problem is I'm running a mix of Corsair XMS Pro (2-2-2-5 T1) and Kingston HyperX (2-3-2-6 T1) which runs fine at T2 but not at T1

Processor 5.3
Memory 5.5
Graphics 5.9
Gaming graphics 5.9
Primary hard disk 5.9

Proc E6600
Memory 2GB DDR667
Graphics EVGA 8800GTS 640
HD: 74GB Raptor

Just upgraded to Vista, along with some new hardware.

Processor 5.8
Memory 5.9
Graphics 5.9
Gaming Graphics 5.9
Primary hard disk 5.3

Spec - Vista 64-bit, E6420 (Stock 2.13Ghz, overclocked to 3.2Ghz), 4GB PC6400 4-4-4-12 Geil RAM, XFX (slightly overclocked) 7800GT, and some western digital HDD. I'm still tweaking and testing, might get my processor a little higher, but my HDD will still be determining my base score I think :p

Seems a bit wrong that gaming graphics would be that high compared to DX10 cards out there etc..

LOL, thought I'd post up my Vista Home Premium scores from my "gaming rig".

Specs:
S478 Prescott 3.0Ghz at 4.0Ghz (down from 4.2 during the winter months)
2Gb PC3200 Ram 2.5-3-3-5 448mhz
Gainward 7800GS+ (24-pipe G71) 512mb AGP at stock speeds
Promise 20276 PATA Raid with 2 x 250GB WD 7200rpm 8mb ATA/133 drives
Envy24 PT Audio

Processor: 4.6
Memory: 5.7
Graphics: 5.9
Gaming Graphics: 5.7
Primary hard disk: 5.5

Not too bad for a crappy old S478 rig I'd say...

I now get 5.9 for everything, resulting from a mild CPU and memory overclock and a hard disk shuffle. C2D @ 3.2GHz, memory at 500MHz and primary HDD now being a 150GB Raptor seems to have done the trick, graphics was already there.

Processor: 5.2
Memory: 4.5
Graphics: 5.9
Gaming graphics: 5.8
Hard disk: 5.0

Thats on my 1 gig laptop. 32 bit Vista. And a not defragged hard drive.

I was under the impression that Vista automatically set up a defragmenting schedule (once a day or once a week at 3 a.m. I think).

I was under the impression that Vista automatically set up a defragmenting schedule (once a day or once a week at 3 a.m. I think).

I think, there is actually no way to manually defragment the hard drive in Vista without a third party tools. This is very annoying if you ask me. I've actually been called twice and one even said I stole the feature from their copy of Vista... lmao.

I think, there is actually no way to manually defragment the hard drive in Vista without a third party tools. This is very annoying if you ask me. I've actually been called twice and one even said I stole the feature from their copy of Vista... lmao.

Uh?

My computer -> Right click your hard drive -> Properties -> Tools -> Defrag -> Defrag now. Almost the exact same location it was before.

Or if you prefer, you can write a quick VB script to insantiate the Win32_LogicalDisk class using the defrag method -- new for Vista.

Uh?

My computer -> Right click your hard drive -> Properties -> Tools -> Defrag -> Defrag now. Almost the exact same location it was before.

Or if you prefer, you can write a quick VB script to insantiate the Win32_LogicalDisk class using the defrag method -- new for Vista.

I must stupid, I've been to that same area more than a couple of times and never seen that, or rather never seen the "Defragment Now" option. Weird, must have been something in the air because more than a few people I've asked if they found it couldn't either... :oops:

Decided to try another bump on my processor, up from 8 x 400 to 8 x 450 (3.2GHz to 3.6GHz) and the overclock seems to be fine. Stock Vcore still, this is a pretty nice processor.

I must stupid, I've been to that same area more than a couple of times and never seen that, or rather never seen the "Defragment Now" option. Weird, must have been something in the air because more than a few people I've asked if they found it couldn't either... :oops:

Well, I wouldn't assume you were stupid over something like this. It's not like Vista doesn't have a whole new gob of UI whackiness going on -- I just never heard anyone else say they couldn't find defrag ;)

Back