What are you playing now? [2007-2018]

Status
Not open for further replies.
The 1.04 patch sucked me back into Diablo 3. Alternating my time between my barb, wizard, monk, and WD. My DH stalled months ago around mid-30s, not sure I'll ever get him to 60, but they're certainly all over the open public games.

Bastion on the iPad :)

Didn't have a chance to try it out before but it works nicely in 4:3 aspect ratio and touch-enabled.

Waiting for Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition for iPad later this month.

Just finished The Darkness 2.

Was rather short (7 hours) but I really liked it. Astoundingly, I liked the story. It is even one of those rare games with a good story (in my opinion...)

Has anyone done multiple playthroughs of Borderlands? I'm almost done with my first pass around lvl 35. Is a second playthrough going to add anything to the experience?

Has anyone done multiple playthroughs of Borderlands? I'm almost done with my first pass around lvl 35. Is a second playthrough going to add anything to the experience?

You will see significantly tougher and slightly more varied versions of the monsters. Basically it will be all badass all the time. The gun drops get more powerful so it can be worth getting the boss/named monster item drops again as their name weapons usually become significantly more powerful.

The story does not change one jot. If you have friends it is worth doing as a four player co-op session with lots of badass or monstrous beasties around can make play very hectic and fun. Single player isn't quite so engaging.

Depends really on you if you're gonna like the second playthrough. It's not like Diablo 2 and 3 where they throw additional tricks at you too, stuff's just tougher.

FWIW, i enjoyed going through it repeatedly in single and multiplayer, but I doubt I'm the average player of the game. I've got 311 hours on it since I got it last year. :p

Just finished The Darkness 2.

Was rather short (7 hours) but I really liked it. Astoundingly, I liked the story. It is even one of those rare games with a good story (in my opinion...)

Coincidentally, I've been playing that too.

There is a co-op campaign that intertwines with the SP campaign's story, FWIW, and if you are alone it can be played SP.

I'm taking a somewhat longer approach to the game, but that's mostly because I try to look at all the little shit in the game, listen to all the convos random people have, and find all the relics. It'll likely be a 10 hour game for me, which isn't too bad considering it was a late birthday present!

Coincidentally, I've been playing that too.

There is a co-op campaign that intertwines with the SP campaign's story, FWIW, and if you are alone it can be played SP.

I'm taking a somewhat longer approach to the game, but that's mostly because I try to look at all the little shit in the game, listen to all the convos random people have, and find all the relics. It'll likely be a 10 hour game for me, which isn't too bad considering it was a late birthday present!

Yeah, thanks for the hint: I am. Going to try out the coop stuff...

Played through all good games it seems.
Waiting for AK BF3 DLC and especially Borderlands 2...but that is at least a week away :(
So what should I play??? I browsing the steam shop up and down...need a game!!!

Realized that I had bought Mafia 2 at a steam sale. Currently trying this game. Picks up very very slowly! Am at chapter 3, and no real action so far. Does it pick up??

I am Alive available at Steam. Is the game good?

Realized that I had bought Mafia 2 at a steam sale. Currently trying this game. Picks up very very slowly! Am at chapter 3, and no real action so far. Does it pick up??

I am Alive available at Steam. Is the game good?

I finished Mafia 2, I thought it was really cool and had a good ending. It does start slow, but it does get better. I only played the demo of I Am Alive on the 360 and liked it, but waited out for pc version which recently appeared on steam :) It's on my wishlist now to buy. Oh yeah, on Mafia 2 it defaults to having a speed limiter on the cars, I took that off to make driving more fun.

I finished Mafia 2, I thought it was really cool and had a good ending. It does start slow, but it does get better. I only played the demo of I Am Alive on the 360 and liked it, but waited out for pc version which recently appeared on steam :) It's on my wishlist now to buy. Oh yeah, on Mafia 2 it defaults to having a speed limiter on the cars, I took that off to make driving more fun.

I played some more. I am in chapter 8 now, had some really good shoot outs. Also activated PhysiX, don't know what changed, except worse framerate :)

My only issue so far: the game is mean! I am at a mission, where you have to follow a guy in your car, then sneak around without getting spotted. I got spotted and had to restart the whole mission, including driving around in the car behind this ass...baaa, this game is so mean :(

Having never touched an MMORPG before I was skeptical about GW2. Now at level 15 and I wholeheartedly recommend this to anyone who is like me and has no experience with MMOs. Just make sure you ask in the GW2 thread before you join a world. I jumped right in without checking and [strike]now I'll have to pay a fee if I want to play with the other B3Ders :([/strike]

Hey scratch that it looks like they're letting me change for free. I'm going off to Borlis Pass with Dresden and friends :smile:

Last edited by a moderator:
@I.S.T, banksie - thanks guys. Think I'll leave it installed and do PT2 in a few months. I'm a little bored with Pandora now especially after the atrocious ending!!

I hate Mafia 2: no checkpoints during a mission. I am rather at the end now and have to get money for some asshole, cops all around the place shooting when they see me. I get the money, then got shot by the way to the next mission and...voila, please restart from the beginning, 15min lost, boring get some money side missions...

Buuuuuuu, I hate such games. The tragedy: I am now to far in Mafia 2, will play through it, but never again!

Finished Mafia 2. Good game.

I liked the graphics, although low poly that it sometimes hurts, but effects where great and PhysX is the coolest thing in the world. I was shocked when I realized that the red color of your car rear light got reflected in the smoke and colored it red-ish.

I hate that there are no checkpoints in missions. If I remember correctly, same goes for GTA games.

Story was ok, gameplay was good, shooting with physics makes fun!

Overall, good game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back