What are you playing now? [2007-2018]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just finished Dear Esther. Not 100% sure what it was even all about (or whether it should be called a game for that matter), but I still really enjoyed it. Supposedly the narration changes when you start the game over, peeling back the layers of mystery in the process. I'm very much looking forward to that.
Really worth checking out unless deliberately artsy takes on the medium appall you. Never knew the Source Engine could look this stunning.

Crap. I think you just forced me to spend $10.

Just played the first mission after letting Steam d/l Alan Wake last night. Surprised at the amount of combat. Was hoping the game was more story and exploration driven.

The combat in AW really started to piss me off after the first couple of chapters. Prepare to down the same three flannel wearing dudes over and over. When I reached the final chapter I pretty much just lit one flare after another and ran past everything. For me AW was the biggest disappointment of the entire console generation.

I just finished the Dear Esther remake. The story is basically the same as the original (which I liked), and the graphics are sometimes like :oops: especially in the caves.

Just finished Dear Esther. Not 100% sure what it was even all about (or whether it should be called a game for that matter), but I still really enjoyed it. Supposedly the narration changes when you start the game over, peeling back the layers of mystery in the process. I'm very much looking forward to that.

Not just the narration but items within the world shift, sometimes figures appear and the 'dream sequence' on the motorway changes. It is mostly superficial in that it doesn't change your path or actions through the game but some of the items can make a difference to how you understand the story.

Really worth checking out unless deliberately artsy takes on the medium appall you. Never knew the Source Engine could look this stunning.

Married with the music and the narration and I tempted to call this more an interactive meditation than a game. Such an excellent sense of place and mood.

When I get time to actually play games for a few hours lately it's either Skyrim when the wife is otherwise occupied, or Dead Island co-op when she is not :)

Found a little F2P gem on Steam. MMO top down shooter galore with classes, equipment and a leveling system (kinda). It's also very tiny with retro 8-bit style graphics.

Realm of the Mad God

Fun stuff.

Regards,
SB

back to playing BF3 after a long time ! Conquest on metro is a point fest. Just stand at a choke point ready with your Defribilator and medi kits and go mad reviving and throwing med kits. I killed just one enemy and had 5000 points at the end. That , when I joined mid way in the match :raz: !

Played Amalour Demo and got absolutely hooked, even though the world art seems so boring, the characters look superb style wise and the gameplay rocks. Will get it someday.

Also, will be playing the Darkness 2 shortly.

I started Minecraft... I'm ashamed now...
Should do more creative/interesting things with my time.

D/l the DC Universe Online f2p client last night and spent an hour or so creating characters and getting through the starter area. Kind of meh, though the creation process is pretty detailed.

Might try EQ2 next since that's also gone f2p.

I finished Mass Effect 3 Wednesday night. Very, very bleak ending, though I didn't game the game by dipping into its multip-player so my war effort was probably below 5k. I don't know, I never looked at it, but apparently I got the bleakest ending possible.

Installed Kingdom of Amalur last night, got it off Amazon for $32. It looks a lot like WoW, a visual style that I'm not particularly fond of, but it's colorful, has some shader effects, the combat seems fun, it drops loot like it thinks it's a action RPG, and the character build choices allow for decent customization.

ME3, BF3 MP, MW3 MP, Journey (PS3)...just bought Two Worlds 2 on steam...Alan Wake PC is also waiting for me...hm, I really need a new good shiny block buster game release...NOW!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back