What are you playing now? [2007-2018]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Crysis Wars, best mp I ever experienced. TIA at Battlegrounds is just off the charts. So hectic, always perfect gameflow and exiting to follow a cloaked nanosoldier while using the vegetation bendig/cloak noise in his path to spotting him!

I love how no one can "own" the battlefield and camping wont help you!

They really nailed it bigtime!

So insane... so insane..

Last edited by a moderator:
Enough about you whats the game like :)

Amazing. TIA is my favorite gameplay mode as for me it presents a balance in gameplay flow. The highlights are that there is always a vechicle available, enough weapon locations and ammo and yet there is never an excess of X type of weapon/vechicle in combat.

You never get the sensation it is pointless to go against another player or when cornered the nanosuit helps you out. The cloak is never an escape or "easy mode" thing. It makes noise which can be used to pin-point location and of course the vegetation bends when they move around.

Which is nice drivng a tank and seeing vegetation bend under the tank isntead of clipping through it. Good balance between vechicles and their abilities and the rough terrain makes for lots of great closecombat fights.

It is also great that they keept the hit sound which is more than pleasing and a good hit indicator.

Nothing more exiting that driving the APC in circle or such to avoid the strafing heli unloading masses of rockets. So many explosions, dust, sparks, camera mud etc linger in the air clouding visibility and me trying to hit it!

Must be seen in action, words cant describe it. And also there is always a server with Battleground map which is perfect for me!

Say you play it to? name?

"Yoda, my name is. Herh herh herh."

Power Struggle can be great too if you're on a good server, especially if there's a day/night cycle. I don't like how so many servers set rules on doing stuff that is perfectly legit (e.g. nuking people :devilish: or pwning in a VTOL) and the matches tend to never end, but I guess the lack of competitive play necessitates that. Like I said earlier, I hope this game picks up when more gamers have the hardware to handle it, 'cause there's really nothing like it.

And yeah, TIA on battleground is a whole new level of awesome. A showcase for what CE2 can bring to a multiplayer experience.

OK, I'm majorly pissed at both Gamestop and UPS. Hate both companies. Pre-order was supposed to ship on the 17th, didn't ship until the 18th.

UPS was supposed to deliver on the 19th (overnight delivery) but they fucked up and didn't scan it on the 18th. So delivery has been postponed to the 20th.

I swear I feel like going on a swearing spree right now. @#$%@#$@%@#$!$%.

Sigh. I'd be even more pissed if I didn't know I was getting 2x preorder bonuses versus just 1 bonus or no bonus if I had ordered somewhere else.

However, I don't think even that will convince me to ever order from Gamestop ever again. F-ers...

As such I'm NOT playing DoW II today. F-ers...Grrrrr...

So at the end of the day I ended up paying both tax and overnight shipping fees (total 15.21 USD) for the 2 preorder bonuses. And it will be 2 days late. That'll teach me not to buy from Steam or Direct2Drive (which actually had a preorder bonus).

Regards,
SB

OK, I'm majorly pissed at both Gamestop and UPS. Hate both companies. Pre-order was supposed to ship on the 17th, didn't ship until the 18th.

UPS was supposed to deliver on the 19th (overnight delivery) but they fucked up and didn't scan it on the 18th. So delivery has been postponed to the 20th.

I swear I feel like going on a swearing spree right now. @#$%@#$@%@#$!$%.

Sigh. I'd be even more pissed if I didn't know I was getting 2x preorder bonuses versus just 1 bonus or no bonus if I had ordered somewhere else.

However, I don't think even that will convince me to ever order from Gamestop ever again. F-ers...

As such I'm NOT playing DoW II today. F-ers...Grrrrr...

So at the end of the day I ended up paying both tax and overnight shipping fees (total 15.21 USD) for the 2 preorder bonuses. And it will be 2 days late. That'll teach me not to buy from Steam or Direct2Drive (which actually had a preorder bonus).

Regards,
SB
Heh. Send a complaint to support and ask for a partial refund. Fuckups do happen, after all. The question is: will they be fair with you?

Regards,
SB

You paid extra for a service you didn't receive - ask them to refund the extra cost. If they don't, tell them how disappointed you are and that you won't be doing business with them again.

Guitar Hero 3 even though I know I'll never beat effing Slayer song. I really don't understand why GH3 on PC scored the lowest out of all the releases on the major platforms. Previously playing it before my system upgrade, there were times when the speed of the fretboard would slightly crawl, messing up the sync of the song. Provided your machine isn't too outdated, this shouldn't be an issue. Mine was last time around. Now that it no longer bothers me, the game is actually really enjoyable. I prefer playing it on PC. The textures in the GH games on my 360 look really washed out and the lack of AA is blatant. On PC, the colors look rather vibrant, and at 1600x1200 the lack of AA is slightly masked.

Well, now that I have it. Finally playing DoW 2. I must say I'm quite pleasantly surprised by it. It's a LOT more like the Table Top Warhammer 40k than DoW 1. So far I'm liking it quite a bit more.

Although it's still far more limiting than the Warhammer Mark of Chaos (WHFB) series. Although I suppose that will also make it a lot more accessable to your average computer gamer.

Also I'm not sure I like the "boss" battles. It feels sorta console-ish or arcadey. But overall I think it's a huge improvement over DoW 1 from the point of view of a Warhammer 40k table top fan.

From a pure RTS perspective however, some may consider it a step back. From a squad based strategy perspective it's definitely an upgrade.

Just some thoughts after 4 missions through the campaign. So far the best game of 2009. :D Which isn't saying much since it's only Feb. :)

Regards,
SB

Glad to hear you're enjoying it. Didn't get a chance to play last night. I opted to get drunk instead and show up to work late. But anyhoos I'm definitely going to put a few hours in tonight. I'm not from the RTS purist school of thought so as long as the game is fun and engaging it doesn't matter if it doesn't neatly fit into any particular category.

I'm also playing DoW 2 now. From its designed perspective, I think it's done pretty well. I agree that the boss fights are a bit weird though :)

I also like how the story in the single player campaign played out. It reminds me how Starcraft sucked me in for hours and hours of game play.

Finally beat FEAR. Now playing Extraction Point. Definitely more action packed than before. I still however get these audio glitches. Some times when I press CTRL to go into that bullet time mode, it sounds like a fog horn and it just pisses me off. I mean wth! I have seen one other person so far on the nvnews forum who also experienced the same thing. I wonder whats up with that.

Last edited by a moderator:
Mass Effect on the PC. The most disappointing thing I've found about this game is having to buy it twice. Provided my 360 copy were worth more at resale, I probably wouldn't be complaining. It's a lot more enjoyable on PC. The voice acting is better than I remember, namely Seth Green's work as Joker. The script and dialogue is fantastic, while the plot is interesting enough to keep the player drawn in. I did, however, encounter my fair share of bugs during the launch. The first dozen times I loaded it, it wasn't recognizing my video settings, namely texture resolution at ultra high, therefore it was rendering everything pretty low res. It eventually smoothed itself out by itself, I don't exactly know what changed. Also, there were a few missing textures on one of the planets that had to be resolved. Combat feels a little dumbed down and basic, but I can't expect a lot from a console port. Other than that, I'm definitely enjoying it more the second time around on my choice platform.

Mass Effect on the PC. The most disappointing thing I've found about this game is having to buy it twice. Provided my 360 copy were worth more at resale, I probably wouldn't be complaining. It's a lot more enjoyable on PC. The voice acting is better than I remember, namely Seth Green's work as Joker. The script and dialogue is fantastic, while the plot is interesting enough to keep the player drawn in. I did, however, encounter my fair share of bugs during the launch. The first dozen times I loaded it, it wasn't recognizing my video settings, namely texture resolution at ultra high, therefore it was rendering everything pretty low res. It eventually smoothed itself out by itself, I don't exactly know what changed. Also, there were a few missing textures on one of the planets that had to be resolved. Combat feels a little dumbed down and basic, but I can't expect a lot from a console port. Other than that, I'm definitely enjoying it more the second time around on my choice platform.

Thats one of the main reasons why I rarely ever buy a game right when they come out. I wait patiently for a few months...preferrably over 6 months, wait for some patches to get released, bugs to get ironed out, drivers to get sorted out, and sometimes prices drop quite a bit as well before I go ahead and get a copy. It helps that I have a decent sized backlog of games to go through :) but the end result is the gaming experience is always superior.

I generally follow the same policy, but I bought ME on release day and found it to be almost completely bug free.

I generally follow the same policy, but I bought ME on release day and found it to be almost completely bug free.
ME? Windows ME? Bug free compared to what, exactly? Because that OS was a complete turd compared to Windows 2000, and significantly worse than even its predecessor, Windows 98.

I think he meant Mass Effect (ME) - the game :)
Ah, right. I should have known, given the content of the recent posts...

Yeah, I didn't find Mass Effect to be that bad. It has hiccups every now and then, but overall seems to work well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back