"Happiful" isn't a word?

digitalwanderer

wandering
Legend
Damn, I just found out "happiful" isn't considered a real word...but I like it so much! I can't think of another word that conveys quite the same connotation as it does.

Any other words that aren't out there yet that should be? I mean aside from the lax use of "me" needing to be added to the grammar rules..

Oh, "automagically"...that's another one that needs adding. (I think Russ gets the credit for that one though)

I said "irregardless" the other day in the presence of my friends. I swore it was a word.

edit- It's in the dictionary...... I'm going to smash my friend who told me it wasn't.

"Use regardless instead."

Now that is a great sentence.

Damn, I just found out "happiful" isn't considered a real word...but I like it so much! I can't think of another word that conveys quite the same connotation as it does.

If it can be used for meaningful conversation (i.e. other people understand what you mean) then by all definitions it's a real word. The dictionary is not an authority over what's a "real word" or not, otherwise the language would be static. A dictionary is at best just a rough documentation over the language in its present form.

Can't say I've heard anyone say happiful before. I do use automagic- for sarcasm/jokes and stuff though.

Well, I've personally never heard 'happiful'.

Happilicious, on the other hand... (Matter of fact, just about just about every adjective can be -liciousified with good results. Bootylicious, Skankalicious, etc.)

The one word / collection of words that people seem to get wrong all the time recently is:

could care less

when the actual phrase is:

couldn't care less

as in... I could not care any less about [subject] as I care the least possible amount for it already. Could care less says the opposite of what people are trying to say. As though they actually do care about the subject.

FUCK THE FRENCH*. We'll make new words when we damn well feel like it!

* Or at least that percentage of "THE FRENCH" who aren't B3D members.

Back